Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Mar 16, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looking forward to reading more, how lovely to be upgraded.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Loving this thread! How amazing to get an upgrade!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Thank you for all the lovely comments. We still can't believe how lucky we were to get the upgrade. (Shhh, don't tell anyone Mrs B, but I may actually have done a little dance of joy ) When the CM said he had good news for us, I thought he was going to say we had got the full balcony we requested...
Old 25 Mar 16, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Thank you for all the lovely comments. We still can't believe how lucky we were to get the upgrade. (Shhh, don't tell anyone Mrs B, but I may actually have done a little dance of joy ) When the CM said he had good news for us, I thought he was going to say we had got the full balcony we requested...
How could you not! Lol x
Old 25 Mar 16, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jen3675
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Following :-) amazing to get an upgrade!
Jen3675 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Can't wait for the rest!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Loving this so far! And amazing about the upgrade. Wow!
Old 25 Mar 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Day 3

Once again we ate breakfast in the club lounge. It was so easy to fall out of bed and stumble a few feet down the corridor. In fact today it looked like one guest had done just that. A guy who I would guess was in his early 40s appeared at breakfast wearing PJs, hair standing in all directions and face unshaven. Nothing was said but he did get a few looks. By contrast, a few days later, another guest appeared fully dressed but minus any footwear. He was quietly asked to rectify this for safety reasons. I digress.

Lunch – Hurricane Hanna’s, Beach Club Resort.
After an idle morning by the pool we got lunch at Hurricane Hanna’s. Sean opted for a cheeseburger and fries plus a coffee while I had a pulled pork sandwich plus coleslaw and a frozen lemonade. I hadn't realised that the sandwich already came with coleslaw. It was a lot of coleslaw! We both traded our dessert for hummus and vegetables.

It was a filling and enjoyable lunch, although the hummus is very different to what we are used to, having a far smoother and creamier consistency than the lumpy stuff I make at home. There was no problem with swapping our desserts – when I asked I was told that it was fine to choose any other item with the snack symbol instead.

Cost – 2 QS credits/$38.07

Dinner – Fairfax Fare, Hollywood Studios.
Lunch had been quite filling and we weren’t all that hungry, so we just got a chilli dog, chips, chocolate pudding and diet coke to share. It was ok. Had we been hungrier we would have got something a bit better.

Cost – 1 QS credit/about $20.

Somewhere along the way we also used a snack credit for a large soda in HS.

After watching the Star Wars fireworks, Symphony in the Stars, which incidentally were excellent, we went back to the Beach Club, where we decided we had room for some dessert.

Old 25 Mar 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Day 4

Up early today for a quick hotel breakfast as we had a very important date at the Magic Kingdom, where we were booked onto the 8:30am Keys to the Kingdom Tour.

Lunch – Columbia Harbour House, Magic Kingdom

An entrée and a drink were included as part of the KTTK package. I had the Anchors Aweigh sandwich (tuna) with chips and a still lemonade.

Sean chose the Fried Shrimp Plate with fries and a coke.

Cost – nothing as part of tour/about $25

Once the tour was over we were quite hot and in need of refreshment, so we headed over to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip Float each. Sean’s customised magic band drew numerous admiring comments throughout the holiday. Everyone loves Dole Whip it seems

Cost – 2 snack credits/$10.58

Dinner – Le Cellier, Epcot
This was another ADR which had given us cause for some debate. We were keen to have a good steak at some point and it was a toss up between Le Cellier and the Yachtsman Steakhouse. I read so many reviews of both on the Dibb but opinion seemed to be pretty evenly divided. Sean eventually made the decision based on the fact that we had eaten excellent steaks in the real, actual Canada a couple of years previously. It seemed as good a reason as any and we weren’t disappointed with our choice.

First up was a bread basket. We tried not to fill ourselves up too much with this, but the long rolls with a crust a bit like a pretzel were so moreish.

For my entrée I had the Filet Mignon, butterflied and served on a mushroom risotto, accompanied by asparagus spears.

For dessert I had the sugar free Pannacotta. This was lovely as it wasn’t too sickly sweet.

Sean chose the Rib Eye, which came with baby vegetables.

He followed it with Maple Crème Brulee. It didn’t look like any crème brulee we’d ever seen before but he enjoyed it all the same.

Le Cellier gets a lot of criticism for the tables being very close together. This is undeniably the case but we soon fell into conversation with a lovely couple at the next table, Marilyn and Tim. She was a local historian from Rhode Island and had some fascinating stories to tell. She was also keen to hear more about the UK as her dad had been in the air force and was stationed at RAF Bentwater. Now aged 86 he apparently still has very fond memories of the time he spent here. We came away facebook friends, and with strict instructions that if we ever visit New England we must go and stay with them. Never say never!

We loved our meal at Le Cellier and thought it had a great atmosphere as well as great food. We will definitely be back, although we would of course like to try the Yachtsman at some time as well, to make our own comparison.

Cost – 4 TS credits/about $139

Before bed we had a little nightcap in the club lounge – Disaronno Amaretto for me and a Courvoisier for Sean.

Old 25 Mar 16, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Loving the updates.