Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
schnauzer
Excited about Disney

Is it worth the extra cost to do MNSSHP

Hi, just seen the dates for MNSSHP and noticed that our last night of 2nd September is the first date for MNSSHP. I never even thought about us being there to attend this. Just wondering if it would be worth the extra cost of going and what goes on. Would it be mega busy on the first night? Thanks. Joanne
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We went 10 years ago and loved it. Kids loved trick and treat. We are booking to go this year again.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Oh my! I hadn't seen that they had released the dates yet! We will definatly be doing this again. For us yes it's worth it - love getting dressed up for it and last time we did it we came home with about 12 bags of sweets. The atmosphere is brilliant and you get so many great comment if you make the effort to dress up. I'd say go for it!

P.s Thank you, you've made our day
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

I read somewhere that anyone over the age 14 can't dress up anymore :-( correct me if wrong but defo read it coz I was moaning for weeks lol x
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rach86 View Post
I read somewhere that anyone over the age 14 can't dress up anymore :-( correct me if wrong but defo read it coz I was moaning for weeks lol x
Good news... this policy has been relaxed for the MNSSHP nights (details in the article below)

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=941048
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

it's worth doing it at least once

you can do rides for little or no waiting time
the parade is cool
the magic photos are good and waits low

but character photos and trick or treat waits are stupid long. Think about it - the price will be little less then 100 usd er person. Is it worth waiting in line to collect cheap candy? Waste of time. We did it at 2 locations only and hit the rides after.

dance parties are also good

we aren't doing it this year but enjoyed it a the time
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Good news... this policy has been relaxed for the MNSSHP nights (details in the article below)

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=941048
Oh wicked thanks for that :-) x
Old 24 Mar 16, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Yes well worth it, but to make the most of it plan what to do. The way we did it and we stuck to it, was to do the sweet collection, starting in Adventureland, and only do rides that had less than a 15 minute wait time. That got us to by Liberty Tree Tavern to watch the parade. Then we did the rest of the park, and watched the fireworks by the carousel, which is amazing place to watch them.

There is not really time to do all the unique photos ops and rides. So you have to decide which. For example they bring out all 7 dwarfs with Snow White. The queue is massive, but its the only chance in the year to get that picture.

Haunted Mansion is always popular too, and the queue time is probably the largest.

We did Space Ranger spin three times on one night!

And don't be typically British grab your own goody bag and sweets!

(My experience of the sweet collection is no more than a 5 minute queue BTW and we've done it 4 times).
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM

Edited at 07:20 PM.
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
janeway
Excited about Disney

I know we are all young at heart but is this just for kids. Mine are 23 and 19? !
janeway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janeway View Post
I know we are all young at heart but is this just for kids. Mine are 23 and 19? !
I am glad they relaxed the costume rules, because my wife soon found out that my nagging her to have a costume was the right thing to do.

If you don't wear one, or something halloweeny (hat, t-shirt for example) you'll be in the minority.

Even my awkward teenage son got a t-shirt for the night the forth time we went.
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread