Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jul 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have always arrived home and then back to world and school the next day apart from once when we arrived home on a Friday and had the weekend and I think the jet lag felt worse that time! This year we land on August bank holiday Monday and we are back to work the next day but as DS is now starting college it seems they have different term dates and he isn't back until the following Monday which I guess Is nice for him.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosiew
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Hels80 View Post
We arrive back Sunday morning and we're back in school Monday. 😱 Always do this as gets you straight back in a routine. Just need to make sure all uniforms are ready to go!
That's reassuring I have a new job since booking I fly back Sunday morning back to work Monday fortunately daughter back Wednesday.
Rosiew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Wappum
Excited about Disney

We land Wednesday morning, kids will be in school Thursday. I find having to get up and back into a routine helps and they don't usually suffer too much from jet lag.

I find going in the other direction harder to adjust. Can't seem to ever sleep past 4am over there and I'm like a bear with a sore head if I'm still up past 8pm.
Wappum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

My son heads into year 8 on the 4th september. We arrive home morning of the 3rd 😂😂
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We'll be home a full week before the kids go back. Really only as they have an extra training day added on plus we fly there and back on a Tues as that was the cheapest day when we booked.

I wouldn't like the expect them back in school any earlier than four days home I don't think. My girls have been twice before and are ok-ish with the flights and jet lag as long as we let them adjust in their own time (along with us!). Eldest is type one diabetic which is new for this trip and I'm expecting a few days at home needed for her blood levels to settle back down properly. I wouldn't want to send her school with erratic levels.
Old 16 Jul 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We came back Sunday for school the next day
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I think we're going to go for landing back the Monday morning at the latest. If it wasn't his first day in reception I'd go closer but this year think we'll have 2 full days at home to make sure we're all organised! I'm more nervous than he is!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We fly back on the Friday so land on the Saturday, our children start back at school the following Tuesday. Hoping they'll be back to normal by then
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List