Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

I know which section you are describing- that level is a favorite for me, and I like the 200's level too. Great atmosphere at Petco! Always something going on throughout the game. It's a beautiful park, always on the list for the top baseball parks in the country.

You might find this site useful...you can enter your seating section and row and it will show you photos others have submitted who sat in the same area, so you can get a preview of what your view will be like. aviewfrommyseat/venue/PETCO+Park/

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks Amy. I've just found the booking we had to cancel last year when we were supposed to see padres v diamondbacks and we actually had section 205 booked so I think we will go with that again. My lads will be desperate to catch a foul ball so here's hoping😀
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

205 is a great location- very near home plate! I will keep my fingers crossed a foul ball comes your way, tell your lad not to take his eye off the ball

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Amy, Just looking for a bit of advice re: La Jolla. We have 2 nights there and was just wondering what you might recommend we do? We will have a full day and up to 2 half days. We plan to explore the beach, see the sea lions, possibly rent kayaks, hopefully eat some nice food. I'm sort of thinking we will enjoy walking around the town and coast areas but wondering if there is anything you think is a must do whilst there? We're staying at the Inn by the Sea if that makes a difference.

On our way from here to our next hotel in SD we are doing a whale watching trip near Seaworld. Thx
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
Hi Amy, Just looking for a bit of advice re: La Jolla. We have 2 nights there and was just wondering what you might recommend we do? We will have a full day and up to 2 half days. We plan to explore the beach, see the sea lions, possibly rent kayaks, hopefully eat some nice food. I'm sort of thinking we will enjoy walking around the town and coast areas but wondering if there is anything you think is a must do whilst there? We're staying at the Inn by the Sea if that makes a difference.

On our way from here to our next hotel in SD we are doing a whale watching trip near Seaworld. Thx

Hi liz-paul All the things you have planned pretty much cover the main attractions in La Jolla, but I could add a couple of extra suggestions to your list. I would recommend the Birch Aquarium- it's not the biggest aquarium out there and you could get through it in 1-2 hours but it has some nice features and the location is on top of a bluff overlooking the ocean. The views from the back patio where the tide pool exhibit is are very stunning. aquarium.ucsd.edu/

There is a shop near La Jolla Cove called the Cave Store- inside the store is an entrance down to an actual sea cave called Sunny Jim Cave. A lot of people pass this shop and don't know what is inside. You do have to pay a small fee and sign a waiver to go into the cave, but it's definitely something unique to do. The fees are $5/adult and $3 for 17 and under. Here is some info: cavestore/

La Jolla Shores is my favorite beach in the area, but Torrey Pines State Beach is also beautiful and rugged. The beach there is lined by some high sandstone cliffs. It does cost to park at Torrey Pines beach since it is a state park, but La Jolla Shores is free to park. If you go to Torrey Pines beach, there is also a nature reserve at the top of the cliffs with some trails and a visitor center. parks.ca.gov/?page_id=657

Old 13 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Amy thanks that is fab info! We will definitely check out the cave shop, my husband will love that 😀 thank you for being so helpful x
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

And now second question

How does this sound for a rough itinerary for our time in San Diego:

Day 1: am in La Jolla, Afternoon whale watching (nr Seaworld), check in to SD hotel

Day 2: San Diego Zoo

Day 3: Balboa Park, USS Midway, some exploring/sightseeing of downtown/city centre or similar (not really sure what here)

Day 4: Flexible day to do a water park or more sightseeing or something else.

Day 5: Old Town in the am before heading back up to LAX for an evening flight, maybe stopping in Carlsbad or somewhere else en route for a break...

Days 2-4 can all be interchanged to do in a different order.

Any thoughts on my plans so far?

Thanks again
Old 13 May 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

And now second question

How does this sound for a rough itinerary for our time in San Diego:

Day 1: am in La Jolla, Afternoon whale watching (nr Seaworld), check in to SD hotel

Day 2: San Diego Zoo

Day 3: Balboa Park, USS Midway, some exploring/sightseeing of downtown/city centre or similar (not really sure what here)

Day 4: Flexible day to do a water park or more sightseeing or something else.

Day 5: Old Town in the am before heading back up to LAX for an evening flight, maybe stopping in Carlsbad or somewhere else en route for a break...

Days 2-4 can all be interchanged to do in a different order.

Any thoughts on my plans so far?

Thanks again

Hi liz-paul I think your itinerary looks really good! I don't see any big issues there, it looks well planned overall. If you want any help with any loose ends, here are some thoughts...

On day 3, you are thinking of doing some sightseeing around downtown after the USS Midway. There are a few things to see within a short walking distance from the Midway. I would suggest leaving your car in the Midway's parking lot. When you come off the Midway, walk out to the main boardwalk where the ship is docked. If you turn left, the San Diego Maritime Museum is a short distance away. You will notice it by the large sailing vessel with masts there called the Star of India. The Maritime Museum is a collection of historic ships and subs which you can tour for a fee- or just take some pics of from the boardwalk if the tour doesn't interest you. If you go to the right from the Midway, you will see the iconic Kissing Statue and Bob Hope tribute that is set up between the Midway and the Fish Market restaurant. Keep heading down the boardwalk and you will go past Tuna Harbor where the fishing boats dock up, and then you will eventually end up in Seaport Village, which is a complex of shops and dining along the bay. It's a nice place to stroll about and pick up some San Diego souvenirs, if you so desire. There is a Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop and a Wetzel's Pretzels stand in Seaport Village that are favorites of mine for a snack break.

I would consider doing the whale watching tour (or the water park if it's open that day) on day 1 before you go to your hotel in San Diego, and saving Sea World for day 4 where you have left a flexible day in. Sea World in San Diego isn't as big a park as the one in Orlando, but it is the original park and still has a lot to offer. They have recently added two new rollercoasters (one of them opens at the end of this month). Sea World is more of a day-long park, so best to see it when you have more of a full day to spare.

Keep asking questions if you need any further advice! I don't mind at all.

Old 14 May 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks again, all very helpful

I'm sure there will be more questions later and of course I'll let you know after how we got on! Getting super excited now for our trip, just need to finish organising the LA part and I'll be sort of ready
Old 14 May 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks again, all very helpful

I'm sure there will be more questions later and of course I'll let you know after how we got on! Getting super excited now for our trip, just need to finish organising the LA part and I'll be sort of ready
You’re welcome! I’m excited for you, too! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

P.S. I love the title on your countdown timer 😃👍