Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Royal Mail

Trying to think of possible scenarios lol.
I posted two separate cards to my nephew in Scotland exactly a week ago, thur 23 rd May 10am.
Posted in the post office both in separate envelopes , first class.
Of course we did have the bank holiday and they might still turn up. Just find it bizarre that both haven’t arrived yet, as they were separated as soon as I posted them.
Any ideas, I know I shouldn’t have but one had £20 inside.
Old 30 May 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Trying to think of possible scenarios lol.
I posted two separate cards to my nephew in Scotland exactly a week ago, thur 23 rd May 10am.
Posted in the post office both in separate envelopes , first class.
Of course we did have the bank holiday and they might still turn up. Just find it bizarre that both haven’t arrived yet, as they were separated as soon as I posted them.
Any ideas, I know I shouldn’t have but one had £20 inside.
I posted a letter to the DWP on the 13th. It finally arrived yesterday. The lady I spoke to on the phone said they’d had a lot of phone calls about the same problem.
Also my Auntie was missing 7 birthday cards that she knew had been posted. They arrived exactly a week later.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
I posted a letter to the DWP on the 13th. It finally arrived yesterday. The lady I spoke to on the phone said they’d had a lot of phone calls about the same problem.
Also my Auntie was missing 7 birthday cards that she knew had been posted. They arrived exactly a week later.
Thank you, I have a funny feeling they actually will turn up.
Old 30 May 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

It does seem odd that both haven't turned up and posting first class they should have arrived by 25th at the very latest. Do you have a receipt for the postage from the Post Office or were the cards already stamped up and just posted from there? Either way I'd be going to the Post Office to make them aware that the cards have gone missing. Whilst it's not nice to think someone would deliberately steal it has been known for rogue postal workers to open cards that look like they may contain cash; it happened to two of my friends (both lived in different parts of the country btw and they caught the culprit in both cases). If this is the case then alerting the Post Office might trigger an investigation although it may not result in you getting any money back.
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
It does seem odd that both haven't turned up and posting first class they should have arrived by 25th at the very latest. Do you have a receipt for the postage from the Post Office or were the cards already stamped up and just posted from there? Either way I'd be going to the Post Office to make them aware that the cards have gone missing. Whilst it's not nice to think someone would deliberately steal it has been known for rogue postal workers to open cards that look like they may contain cash; it happened to two of my friends (both lived in different parts of the country btw and they caught the culprit in both cases). If this is the case then alerting the Post Office might trigger an investigation although it may not result in you getting any money back.
Thanks I find it odd that yes it’s both the cards as soon as they were put in the box they were both separated to go on their separate ways to same place.
I put the stamps on myself.
I also posted a small package to my mum that same time, put hers in the “parcels” box and paid £3 for that which she got in Saturday 25th.

I will go in just to mention it , thanks.
Old 30 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Thanks I find it odd that yes it’s both the cards as soon as they were put in the box they were both separated to go on their separate ways to same place.
I put the stamps on myself.
I also posted a small package to my mum that same time, put hers in the “parcels” box and paid £3 for that which she got in Saturday 25th.

I will go in just to mention it , thanks.
Hopefully they'll turn up as others have suggested but it does seem a little suspicious especially as a parcel posted at the same time arrived promptly. Yes, I'd have a word too if I were you and ask them what they will do about it. Good luck.
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Thank you Sioux .
Old 31 May 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
Hopefully they'll turn up as others have suggested but it does seem a little suspicious especially as a parcel posted at the same time arrived promptly. Yes, I'd have a word too if I were you and ask them what they will do about it. Good luck.
What would you expect them to do about it? Just playing devils advocate.
Old 31 May 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

I posted two cards to my niece, we live in Ayrshire, she lives in Orkney.

Both were posted same day/time/post box. Neither had any cash inside as I did a bank transfer straight to her account.

One arrived the next day, the other two weeks later.

Royal Mail seem to be law unto themselves when it comes to delivering mail.

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
What would you expect them to do about it? Just playing devils advocate.
I wouldn’t expect anything from them really , I know your not meant to put money in, been doing it for 20 Years now even though I know the risk.