Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 3 Jul 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I second taking the bus. It costs £5 each but well worth it for the commentary. We got a great view from the upstairs of the monkeys pulling the parking sensors off a brand new range rover.

We live right next to Woburn safari park but have never been as DH refuses to take the car round and they don't do a bus! Don't blame him.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We have annual passes and go alot! You'll have a great day ☺
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

We went just after I got a new car so was careful to avoid the monkey enclosure (it's an easy diversion and lots of people do it). As we were sat, smug in our car, watching and laughing at all the cars getting their seals ripped off by the monkeys a camel came over and started humping my bonnet

Cue everyone going past us laughing just as we were just doing a moment prior. Definitely a karma moment . No damage was done to our car, just a big sweaty hairy patch on the bonnet and a dent to our pride

Also, have a vivid memory when I was little when I went with my uncle and auntie, he left the sun roof open and a giraffe put its head through it. We all jumped out of our seats with the shock and my uncle spilt his coffee everywhere.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Reminded me of one of my favourite posts on this subject from another forum I'm on. In fact the whole thread was hilarious but not sure if I'm allowed to post a link.

Anyway, from said poster..:

Went years ago in a Chrysler Voyager and I hadn't locked the doors.

One of the monkeys pulled the door handle on one of the sliding doors. I heard the door click, panicked and accelerated in an attempt to get rid of the monkey.

The monkey stayed put and the door slid wide open. This was seen as an invite to all his buddies to help themselves to the food that was scattered around the car.

My kids still have nightmares about it. And I'm now divorced.

Enjoy your day...
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad to see you are treating Mrs MH, I’ve never been but have to Woburn and Windsor many moons ago. Maybe you can wear your links Africa and pretend your on The Serengeti!
Old 3 Jul 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We never go through the monkey bit . Never had any issues anywhere else!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thanks again guys and nice to hear such good reviews about longleat, and there is no doubt I won't be going through any animal enclosure in my car (loved the story of the dibbers sliding door and all the monkeys coming in the car).

I have booked somewhere nearby, but I won't say where because EssexSue will drink the bar dry and Sandra and co will eat all the cakes!

I will bring lunch the first day, and maybe buy lunch to take on the second day or buy it in Longleat. I don't mind paying for food in there, but most of the time the food in these places isn't that nice.

Edited at 03:39 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree about the monkeys one time they had my wiper. Next time spray thing on the rear window and the rubber strips around the of the top of cars that I didn't even know were there!
Old 3 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

I went at half term, had a two day ticket. It was really lovely. The giraffes and zebras were great.. there was a baby zebra.. super cute! The house was lovely. The otters were just fabulous and the koalas 🐨 oh my! You will have a super time. The food in the bigger restaurant was also good value and delicious! I would recommend to do the safari first on your first day and do it again when you leave on the second day. Enjoy!
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Thanks again guys and nice to hear such good reviews about longleat, and there is no doubt I won't be going through any animal enclosure in my car (loved the story of the dibbers sliding door and all the monkeys coming in the car).

I have booked somewhere nearby, but I won't say where because EssexSue will drink the bar dry and Sandra and co will eat all the cakes!

I will bring lunch the first day, and maybe buy lunch to take on the second day or buy it in Longleat. I don't mind paying for food in there, but most of the time the food in these places isn't that nice.
The food at Longleat was really nice when we went last year, in July, plenty of places to eat too. Going again at the end of this month.

We don't go through the monkeys.

The bat cave is one of my favourite places at Longleat - if you go around 3pm they are feeding them and they fly sooooo close... we love the mirror maze too - and walk through meerkat enclosure - and getting splashed by the sealions on the boat trip - and loads of other things. Really nice day out.

Don't miss the sweet shop...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List