Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post

One of two things. We will ether have a lie in and leisurely morning and after check out have lunch at our resort. Or we get late check out, head to a park early, back to the room to shower and finish off packing, then check up and have lunch at our resort.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

We generally get all the packing etc done earlyish then check out and head to Disney Springs for the rest of the time before we need to had to the airport.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I must be the only 1 who packs as i go...
2/3 days before we leave i repack as much as i can and weigh it just leaving clothes old clothes which generally wont come home to wear to parks (tge sacrificed ones &#128521
All toileteries brought and shipped are left in US so more wsight space to bring stuff back (unless high end...)
That means i have 3 days to fill any gaps and re shop 🤗🤗🤗🤗
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

This year we fly home the day our cruise gets back to Miami so I'm booking a day room from 9-5 so we have complete freedom to swim, sightsee or just chill and full access to our bags.
Last year we had a villa before our cruise and I was very thankful we'd decided to drive to Port Canaveral the day of the cruise and not the night before as the rest of the family's flight was cancelled and they flew out the next morning so keeping the villa for the night was a godsend and made the whole thing less stressful. I actually rebooked them on the villa telephone from a poolside lounger .

Edited at 08:16 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

This year we are staying at HRH. We will leave our bags with bell services and head into the park. We have time for lunch and early dinner. Uber to MCO around 7pm. Flight home 10.30!
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

For my last few trips, I've tended to do the same thing on my last day.

Wake up (I try to wake up early enough to try to hit rope drop after but always fail), do last minute packing. Vacate room and leave luggage with bell services. Take a bus to MK, where I will soak in the atmosphere, maybe do a couple of rides/shows, and maybe a bit of last minute shopping. Afterwards I'd take the monorail to Epcot, and do at least one full round around World Showcase (since this is one of my favourite parts of WDW and one of the thing that keeps me going to WDW), again soaking in the atmosphere, maybe eating from food booths if there is a festival going on, and again maybe some last minute shopping.

Then back to resort to pick up luggage and take the Magical/Tragical Express to MCO.
Old 8 Jul 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DISNEYALI View Post
I too have booked an extra night at the villa I'm staying as my flight home is at 8:05 p.m.. this way I can get up when I'm ready in the morning finish the washing make sure the villa is clean and tidy have a decent lunch then have a bath and hair wash an hour or two before I leave for the airport, so I'm a bit fresher when I arrive the next morning home. Much better than leaving at 10 a.m. in the morning and trying kill the time before arriving at the airport.
Doh, always book villas never thought of this. Great tip.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

When we stay offsite in a villa we usually book an extra night, take the luggage to Disney Springs early, have a nice meal somewhere, last swim in the pool then off to the airport.
Onsite we usually try for a
late checkout, have a leisurely breakfast and stroll around the resort. This time we’re going to leave the luggage with Bell Services and hop on the Skyliner to Epcot or HS.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Is it ridiculous that I’m reading these and getting all emotional and nostalgic for our last day - when it’s over a year until we even arrive!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Is it ridiculous that I’m reading these and getting all emotional and nostalgic for our last day - when it’s over a year until we even arrive!

wait till you get that feeling when you realise your more than half way through your holiday.
We also spend our last day at the villa but go to the airport rather than downtown
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List