Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
Virgin are intending on retiring the 747-400 fleet over the next 2 years, I guess seating plans will be subject to change during this period.

Dave
Some reports of 747's changing to A330's already for 2020 on another thread but as the A350-1000's for leisure fleet start to filter into operations the changes will be more common.

Leases for 5 x 747's are due up early-mid 2021 so they'll come out of service before then to be debranded, would expect that'll start to happen late 2020.
Old 8 Jul 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
We have two little ones. I’m sure I got told last year can’t book exit rows cos of them. Hubby wants to book premium and leave me with the kids tho so might stick him up there
Why does your husband want to leave you with the kids on your own?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Channelling John Mcririck maybe?

Edited at 02:22 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Forgot to say didn’t I. He’s annoying the hell out of me but we went to a&e and the gp. A&e says it’s sciatica and the gp says it’s torn muscle. He’s been told to take either co-codamol or naproxen. Neither work for him though so he’s resting and hoping it gets better. He’s loads better than he was the other day. The last two days and return journey he was awful. Struggled to get up at most points but he can get up on his own now and get around. He can’t bend over. If he wants to get something he can bend his knees and keep his back straight it’s very weird to watch. My problem and what I’m worrying is that I go back to work Tuesday and leave at 3. The kids finish school at 3.15 and he has to have them. I’m not sure how as we don’t know if he can drive and helping kids to toilet may also be an issue. Glad it was at end of holiday and not beginning. Thank you for asking
I'm glad he's OK, Im sure so wasn't the only one a bit worried about you out here with a poorly husband and two young children. I was looking for your updates to offer help
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
He wants to sit in premium for the leg room he’s very tall but I doubt he would actually book it. As we sat 3 & 1 upstairs I had them coming back anyway and it’s not much different. He had them going there in the 3 seats with him.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I'm glad he's OK, Im sure so wasn't the only one a bit worried about you out here with a poorly husband and two young children. I was looking for your updates to offer help
Thank you. I think I managed ok it freaked me out driving that much but least now I know I can do it. I wish I had the bottle to take them to a Disney park on my own rather than have stayed in the villa. I’m just glad it was at the end when we didn’t have much planned. He’s still bad now so it would have really ruined the holiday if it had been sooner.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Been checking daily, airline reference isn't issued yet and live chat says it wont be released until 331 days from the return date.

Did you book with Virgin Atlantic (flight only) or Virgin Holidays?
Virgin holiday