Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Married 43 years in August have more in common now as parents and grandparents. We still argue but we always have but we have so many shared experiences now you just stop analysing things. Our priorities are the same and that's the main thing.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Married 44 years and together 48. We still laugh together every day. The young man I married may have grey hair and is forgetful but he's still in there.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mr Sitron and I have been together for 23 years (married 13). We aren't the same people we were when we met - we are an older and more experienced version of the baby faced teenagers we were then. We have grown together, brought two wonderful girls into the world, have been through relationship issues and come though the other side stronger and a more united team.

Our own hobbies and interests have changed over the years but we are the same people. We still enjoy the same holidays, love to be with family but our mismatched hobbies allow us time to be ourselves.

Edited at 11:37 PM.
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My mom and dad have been married 55 yrs. They are both 76 and are retired. I have asked them both why they think they are still happy together. They both said it's because they still have a laugh with each other, as long as dad has his setee, Sky Sports and a kettle ( he has problems walking distances due to chronic arthritis in one if his feet) he is content, whilst mom is always out and about.

They are currently in Spain on a two week holiday, they go out every Sat and Sunday night together . They are kind of opposites but still love each other and enjoy each others company.

Mom also said that a big thing during the marriage is that dad would never argue as he always said that in the heat of an argument you say things you don't mean but once it's been said/heard it can never be unheard and no amount of apologizing would change that. Also my dad is a very 'Glass 1/2 full' guy. Always said that during the bad times something good would come along.

Edited at 11:42 PM.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We've been together over 40 years and married for 37. We've been through good times and tough times together, they're the things that binds you. I know I got a good un and wouldn't change anything. We have some shared hobbies and interests and some separate. Being your own person and staying interesting is important as well.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary last Friday.
When I think back at everything we have been through, the laughter and the heartbreak, I don’t ever want to be without her.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been married 21 years and have grown into the people we are today together. Different experiences have shaped us and we have adapted. He has learned to like things I enjoyed doing and vice versa. We are just slightly altered versions of the people we were when we first fell in love. Ultimately though, we enjoy spending time together. He has got my back and I have got his and we are a team. We both enjoy doing things that we know will make the other happy, it’s all about compromising.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I suppose really your falling in love with the newest version of them all the time.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mrs O and I have been married 42 years, together for 47 years, but I’m often reminded I’m still on probation!
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

For us, we are celebrating 50 yrs this Christmas, but are taking all our family to celebrate early (October) at AKL.
Give and take , respect for each other , keeps the romance alive. We have developed our own funny ways, like to do things both separately and together. I do believe though our generation keeps working at keeping love alive and not give up when rough times arise.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List