Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jul 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
27 years married but together 31

I remember the young man I married and he remembers me at 19 but time goes by and you grow older with that person, but I will always remember the young soldier who used to travel the length of the country to see me

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

We met when we were 15. Dated until we were 19. Split for 4 years whilst I was at Uni. Dated other people a grew up, finding ourselves.

We got back together, after absolutely no contact for 4 years. Married 4 years later.

We've been married 16 years this year. We have different tastes on lots of things; music, exercise. Bit out general values are the same and our family ethos is the same.

We talk about the future and our concerns when the kids grow up. Quite a few of our friends parents split up when the kuds went to Uni/moved out. But I think being aware of the pitfalls, changes will hopefully avoid them.

He makes me laugh most days and we have mutual respect, and have learnt to compromise.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
For us, we are celebrating 50 yrs this Christmas, but are taking all our family to celebrate early (October) at AKL.
Give and take , respect for each other , keeps the romance alive. We have developed our own funny ways, like to do things both separately and together. I do believe though our generation keeps working at keeping love alive and not give up when rough times arise.
“ I do believe though our generation keeps working at keeping love alive and not give up when rough times arise.”
Talking bout my generation 😂 that song in my head now.

Yes I think I agree. I’m a bit of old head on young shoulders do tend to think that way. My gran who was married more than 60years says the same.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I suppose really your falling in love with the newest version of them all the time.
Like the latest smart phone 🤣
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
45 years together, married 41! Still the same people, just older. They said it wouldn’t last, well mother in law was wrong! Lol!
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

I am an East End girl married to a Sussex Country Bumpkin. I never wanted anything but a gentle and loving older man, which I got. 13 years difference.
He has been my life, my protector, my everything, he treats me like a queen.

When it came to the worst part of my life, going through Cancer, chemo, he was always there... he stayed with me in my room, I was never alone. I will treasure him all my life, though I do moan a bit. Also he paid for everything when I bought my beautiful girl home from Spain... my absolute world.

I am so lucky to have found my beautiful, wonderful, gentle.. man. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have a cross religion cross nationality cross education cross skin colour cross everything marriage.
Everyone said it wouldnt last.
Married 22 yrs this week together 25.
We are v different but i know he has my back and also will tell me if i am wrong.
Always be honest and treat your partner as you would like to be treated...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Me and my husband have been together 11 years this September and married for almost 1 year. We are only 26 and 27 and we have never been more in love. The love only gets stronger no matter what.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
We’ve grown together, been married 34 years.
We celebrate 34 years of marriage too on Saturday.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
I am an East End girl married to a Sussex Country Bumpkin. I never wanted anything but a gentle and loving older man, which I got. 13 years difference.
He has been my life, my protector, my everything, he treats me like a queen.

When it came to the worst part of my life, going through Cancer, chemo, he was always there... he stayed with me in my room, I was never alone. I will treasure him all my life, though I do moan a bit. Also he paid for everything when I bought my beautiful girl home from Spain... my absolute world.

I am so lucky to have found my beautiful, wonderful, gentle.. man. xx
How did you meet a country bumpkin - I bet he's not!
You should write a book about your dogs, especially the rescue, I'd read it.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List