Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jul 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Introducing two new princesses to WDW...offsite June 19. Day 2. Magic kingdom and Wendy’s

13th June

Alarm set for 6.20. I was faffing about and it took us ages to get the kids up and ready. All showered and had fruity pebbles for breakfast. I wish I had gotten pop tarts from Publix. I have decided that I prefer Publix to Walmart now. (Just as a side note)

Managed to get out the door for 8am. Not what I wanted.

Love see this!
By the time we had gotten parked and to the monorail it was 8.50. A cast member said the boat would be quicker so we took the boat. Sometimes in Disney I feel like there’s a bit of a free for all with the queues and people push in. Had to save Scarlett from getting bashed by a wheelchair which then ran over my toe.

By the time we got to the castle it was 9.08 I think. So on my itinerary I had missed the opening show. And Winnie the Pooh was down. Never mind I just skipped those and carried on with my touring plan. So onto Ariel meet first. Girls loved this. They chatted and chatted and to be honest didn’t know when to stop talking for pictures. I started to feel awful most of day cos I felt we were taking up too much of their time.

Then onto little mermaid ride. This was ok. Kids loved it. I’m starting to wonder why I liked Disney. I know i probably shouldn’t say that but my magic for this place had gone. 11 years ago I loved it here now it’s definitely more about the kids faces when they meet a princess.

Our first fastpass of the day was for belle. We weren’t waiting long at all. Scarlett and Georgia weren’t playing so they didn’t get any of the good parts. They were a bit mardy to begin with. Once they saw belle though they were talking to her about the t-shirts they have on that was of her.

After this we headed straight for rapunzel and Tiana. Posted 25mins wait. Don’t think we did wait this long though. We were soon in and the kids loved chatting to them. My gosh though Scarlett sounds so common. “We’ve seen you on the telly” and the way she says it too. Little bit too Yorkshire.
They stirred the gumbo with Tiana and then spoke about pascal with rapunzel.

Straight out and into our next fastpass for Cinderella and Elena. They were so cute. Love all these pictures I’m getting on the photopass. So glad the tickets came with this.

Not sure what heated discussion these two are having with hands on hips but it’s funny.

After this we headed to it’s a small world. It was a 25min wait and I didn’t wanna stand here that long when the splash mountain fastpass was open soon so instead I got straight on the app. It said 5mins wait for Petes silly side show so we piggybacked (literally Georgia went on my back and Scarlett on hubby’s)over there. Nearly killed me in this heat. Picked the Minnie and daisy line to see Minnie mostly but this had changed to Pluto. No mind as Scarlett loves Pluto and had been asking to see him so was prefect. What wasn’t perfect is that the wait time had just changed to 15mins. Aww well we were here now so on we went.

After that we stopped buy some little cart no idea which but it was near dumbo. We got a pretzel with cheese. I didn’t like pretzel much and the cheese was awful us three didn’t like it but hubby did. We sat on the wall just down from the cart. I was thirsty so back again for a bottle of coke. Then we saw a girl with a churro that looked nice so back a third time (they literally must have thought I was mad) the churro was nice. Georgia had a little cry as she didn’t want me to eat the last of it. (Even though the last piece was my only piece)

Hot footed it to splash mountain for hubby and Scarlett. This was the ride they were both looking forward to most.

I went to the rest rooms and then waited for them.
Oh man,hot damn. It was sticky. So hot waiting there even in the shade of a tree. It was just 12 so we got a mickey ice cream sandwich and another bottle of coke. Me and Georgia had a fastpass for big thunder at 12.30 but as Georgia is too small then we swapped magic bands. (This is cheating really so a bit naughty)

With 30mins till the next fastpass we decided to go to country bear jamboree but this was closed due to technical difficulties. Disappointed but headed back to BTM to wait. Soon as they were in the line me and Georgia (12.30) snagged a fastpass for Aladdin’s carpets so off we trot. Was good. Georgia thought it was hilarious that the camel spat at me.

We wanted to watch the 1pm show for the mickey friends faire so I snagged a fastpass for Winnie the Pooh that was now working for 1.15. When we got to the castle the show was literally just princesses waving and then going in due to lightening in the area. I’m really hoping this isn’t going to be a running theme.

So off we waddle to Winnie passing by Merida who Georgia loves. She wants to go see her so we said we could after. Whilst in the queue for Winnie I got a fastpass for pirates of the Caribbean.

After Winnie we went to see Merida. Waited about 10/15 mins and we also saw a cute rabbit only to be told nearly at the front of the line (there was one family in front of us) that there was lightning in the area and Merida has to go in. Hubby was cross. He was a bit annoyed that they hadn’t shut it earlier cos now we had wasted time. Georgia was just upset.

Never mind we went to pirates instead. This was one of the rides Georgia asked for. She was a little scared she said but she was good and had no issues going on. Didn’t know what to do after this as we wanted to watch the parade. I got a fastpass for it’s a small world for 2.20. I’ve always wanted to try a dole whip. Hubby always said he wasn’t really wanting to but as we passed I showed him one and he said we should get one but the queue was too long and he was right it was massive. No problem though it has mobile ordering so I did. Literally 5mins. Sat down and ate it on a bench. Was nice and glad I tried it but wouldn’t buy it again. (The women in the matching purple t-shirts weren’t even at the front of the queue as we were leaving after finishing ours just to put the queue in perspective)

Was about 2.35 ish. We hung around a spot for the parade and I thought we will never make it to small world after the parade so I decided to change my fastpass to 3pm, but then it started to throw it down. Typical. I asked a cast member if the parade was likely and they basically said no. We managed to run half was to small world then take shelter. Our trainers were soaked. Georgia stepped in the puddle twice after been asked not to so I told her off so here comes the screaming. I’m fuming cos she’s there screaming and everyone is watching and I can’t get anywhere as it’s raining so hard.

By 2.55 we legged it to small world. I hate this ride. I think it’s awful and boring but it’s a must so we went on. Won’t be something we are repeating as only Georgia liked it. I bagged a buzz space ranger spin for 3.35.

After this we were going to dumbo but mickeys philharmagic was only 10mins so we went on this. Kids loved it they thought it was hilarious. I thought I’m gonna be a pirate as I could only see it well if I shut one eye. I also jumped and got wet which always amusses Scarlett.

We stopped off at Gaston’s tavern for a LeFou brew. Didn’t really rate this at all. Kids liked it though and who should we see coming out. Gaston himself. The girls wanna tell him off cos he is naughty for stabbing the beast. We got in line and Georgia was telling the cast member that she was gonna tell him off and why and the cast member was in hysterics. But as soon as he came over both girls went all shy and smiles and didn’t tell him off at all. They basically swooned much to the dismay of this cast member who thought it was even funnier now they were bowled over.

Straight to dumbo which a posted 15min wait. Our dumbo was broke the leavers didn’t work. I didn’t like this one, I thought the magic carpet were better.

Just managed to make our fastpass before cut off at 4.35 for buzz. Whist in queue I got one for the monster inc for 4.40. Wasn’t sure i needed a fastpass but since it was there might as well get one. Buzz was good when I learnt how to work it all. Hubby won as usual, then me,then Scarlett. Georgia was last with only 700 points.

On the the laughing floor. Waited about 15mins to get in for the show. This was good. The kids thought it was funny. I was absolutely panicking they would pick me and I would hate that. Luckily that didn’t happen. The kids were flagging now so we decided we were gonna call it a day and plus we needed to get something to eat that was more than snacks. Whilst in line at monsters I got a last fastpass for tinker bell. This was for 5.20. Originally it has been nearly 8pm but some modifying and it worked to get it down. Doesn’t always happen though.

With the fastpass we literally waited few minutes for tinker bell the standby was 50 mins. I would have hated to stand in that for all of 4 sentences.

Last on the to do list was guest relations for the DAS pass. I was very skeptical about getting this. I was lucky today that all the rides were less wait than 20mins and I must have seen the inside of every restroom in Magic Kingdom but I was worrying about the longer rides. I spoke to the cast member and explained the issues I have with my bladder etc and she has put the DAS on there for me. I’m hoping I won’t really need it but at least it’s there and I have peace of mind.

Drive home and hubby though he could stay in the middle lane to come off a junction and no you couldn’t and couldn’t get over either so took a little bit of a longer was round due to the i4 traffic.

We were off to Wendy’s. Never been before. We got two baconator meals and one kids hamburger meal. It was really nice actually. Really enjoyed it and best was it was cheap. Also free refill. Seems to be the norm over here but as it never states I’m never sure.

Back home to tidy up, kids watched simpsons then pjs and bed. Kids and hubby asleep by 9pm.

I’ve stayed up again to do my notes and also keep a track of spending. We brought $1000 cash with us and we haven’t used much of it. I’ve been swiping my credit card but i think we need to start using it.

Plan for tomorrow is blizzard beach but as it’s a rest day then that means no alarms and we will decide if to change plans in the morning.

Over and out.

Spends for today
Parking $25
Pretzel $7
Coke $4.50
Churro $6.25
Mickey ice cream & coke $10.25
Dole whip $6.38
LeFou brew $6.17
Wendy’s $20.50

Total $86.05

Edited at 11:52 PM.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely, Disney at it's best ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Looks like you were able to get a good amount of things done today! Sounds like the girls are having a great time, hopefully the feet aren't to sore tomorrow
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The photo's of the girls with all the characters are just fabulous, you can really see how engaged they are with them, and I had to laugh at their change of heart in telling Gaston off! Wendys is not somewhere we have done before either but is on the list as cheap and cheerful!
Another good day!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow. You did superwell with character meets and ride. Also fantastic spend amount.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Wow. You did superwell with character meets and ride. Also fantastic spend amount.
Not all days were this cheap. We were too busy to eat and proper hammered the rides really so that the other days might be more relaxed. Was a good job as we got slower the more days we stayed.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow you got lots done bet you will be glad of a more relaxing day tomorrow

Joan
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Wow you got lots done bet you will be glad of a more relaxing day tomorrow

Joan
We already home. I couldn’t upload photos while I was there so having to do it now but life gets in way so not much time. Yes loved our relaxing days
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

You did loads today! Lovely photos of the girls with the characters, they look like they love interacting with them.

It's easy when you have kids to make it all about them, I hope you find your own love of Disney again during the trip.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List