Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Jul 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Introducing two new princesses to WDW...offsite June 19. Travel day and Panda Express

11th June

Travel day started with 5.30 alarm.

We were all shattered but got up showered and got in the car to the airport. This was the first blip. Sat nav didn’t know the roads had changed. Luckily enough after hubby directed me the wrong way a few times we managed to get there. Bag check in and security was pretty quick. Off the the v-room.

Well I don’t think £80 for family of four was good. We were all too tired to eat and I was feeling sick so we hardly made use of the breakfast. We would have been better off downstairs with a coffee (for him not me)
Some photos of the v-room. Most the time in here the kids played a little and I did the Alamo check in that I really could have done myself online other day.

Queue to get on the plane wasn’t bad. Got upstairs to our little bubble and I’m not sure if I like it best or not. It was definitely quieter up there and according to cabin crew we did not want to be downstairs cos one child screamed the whole way there. As an childless adult I would have rolled my eyes but as a mum now it make my heart go out the parents cos it’s so not easy to make kids behave on a plane all that time.

Didn’t take many photos of the food on the plane.
We sat down, thankful to say that the seatbelt fit with a bit of room too. I was panicking about this. We were offered a drink then the pretzels.
I put mine on Georgia tray who was across the aisle from me while I helped her. Hubby piped up “these are really nice” so I said can you pass me mine, his face fell, the plank had already eaten mine stating I didn’t want them as they were on Georgia tray.
Kids alternated between movies and iPad and both had a nap. Georgia was playing up though and I usually have more patience but that had gone at about 5hours into flight.

Weird thing was they served lunch at 11. We had literally been on the plane an hour and had eaten pretzels in that hour (Most people anyway)
Here’s the half eaten picture.
Unfortunately I think this will be the running theme.

None of us liked the sandwiches with afternoon tea but hubby so he ate them all.
After reading some reviews on here where the scone was hard I was skeptics but it was actually really nice.

One of the first off the plane. Only a 5 minute wait for immigration and we had landed earlier than first stated so we were there and though for about 1.40 which was good.
The baggage carousels though urgh! Took us 45 minutes waiting. Then we got lost trying to find Alamo and virgin.

Picked up a Ford Escape. Hubby doesn’t like it. It’s not as good as his new car at home.

Then we got lost going to the villa. Resulted in a massive argument.

Got the villa. We are at highlands Reserve.
It is massive. Hired a 4 bedroom as that was the smallest ones left. We have been put in a 5 bedroom and it’s lovely. Would love to live in something like this.
Here are some pictures.

Kids and hubby decided to jump straight in pool for half hour, quick shower and out for dinner. Hubby always said when we come back we would have Panda Express so that’s what we went for. Kids got a child meal to share, cookie, drink and rice and orange chicken they didn’t like this. I had noodles, orange chicken and Shanghai beef I think. Was ok not brilliant apart from the noodles. Hubby had rice orange chicken and some beef that cost extra that he didn’t like particularly. Bottle of coke. Didn’t realise at the time that majority of places are re-fill cups.

Was a good easy drive to the 192 and wasn’t far either. But I would say that cos I wasn’t driving.

Quick walk across to Krispy Kreme for breakfast donuts.

Then to Publix for mainly crisps and pop. There was a woman who worked on the bakery and she gave the girls a cookie each which I thought was really sweet.

Went back to the villa and both girls were shattered so they went straight to bed.

We trudged on to get unpacked. Getting even more tired as I write.

Rest day tomorrow. Hoping I sleep good.
Downtown Disney, sorry Disney springs here we come.

Spends
Panda Express $25.30
Krispy Kreme $7.74
Publix $78.02

Total $111.06

vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Then we got lost going to the villa.
That's how you know your in Florida!

Great write up and look forward to the rest, enjoy your holiday!
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

great start and looking forward to reading more.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

What adorable princesses! Thank you so much for report- I have booked bubble and v lounge ( for my son at Gatwick) , so appreciated the photos. I think all husbands are the same with plane food - they eat everything lol!.
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Always grateful for a smooth travel day, the girls were troopers after that early start, I'd have fallen asleep in my dinner.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Nice trippie ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

great start, looking forward to reading more.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Mobile

Great start! Looking forward to following along

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

A five minute wait at Immigration! Hope I read that right, how lucky for you!

Your daughters look so cute, I love the photo of one of them asleep on the floor!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
A five minute wait at Immigration! Hope I read that right, how lucky for you!

Your daughters look so cute, I love the photo of one of them asleep on the floor!
Yes we were very lucky. We got pulled into a different line cos of the kids so by the time we had walked through the line which took about 5 minutes we were there at the window. Doubt this will happen next year when we are at the back of the plane and not in bubble.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List