Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, so glad to know I don’t have a broken one!
I just told him about this thread and said perhaps I could give him one small job, he was like ok... how about you come up with a two day intinary for our universal stay?! I’ve lost him already lol
Oh well, means I have to laze around more today as planning for everyone is hard work
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I think this is most (by all means not all!) relationships (as in the woman tends to be decision maker). I plan our holidays, home improvements, look after our finances. It's just naturally how it's happened. I'm very organised and he's happy to go along with my plans. Sometimes wonder if being the older one has something to do with it.
It can certainly be frustrating at times when you actually want an opinion though!
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yep another one here - although I was impressed when I asked him some questions about our holiday and he knew them all! He obviously was listening haha
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Ya'll realise right that many men just allow their wives to do all the organising because if we did it we'd only be told we'd done it wrong or it should have been done this way, or ya'll would have preferred this and this and that?

Its easier to allow others to do it and save the earache.

Now, i'll take my tongue out of my cheek.

You cant really have two people who want to organise the holiday, personally i do our bookings. Only because im quite handy on a PC. I can flash through different dates and then log prices so can find the best deal for the time we want to go. Because i cqan touch type i am left to do the ESTA's. I book the tickets the car hire the little details etc.

I usually involve the now 14 year old daughter in the park planning but im not as militant as some of the planners on here. I dont have a two week plan usually just a first week then wing it.
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

My DH is the same. I research, plan, book, save, pack and he turns up! I enjoy the planning but I’d love him to show more interest beforehand. He absolutely loves it when we’re there though and does all the driving... that’s his job.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I'm the odd one out that plans our holidays books them and arranges everything. The wife and Sis in law just pack their cases.

Been tougher this year as we are going to Boston and I've tried to get a feel for what they want to do. I want to be steeped in history but I know they won't go for it.

We are doing salem and cape cod.

Then down to Orlando, for two nights then a cruise

Old 14 Jul 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I tell people, my husband doesn’t even know, where he’s going until we land lol!
Shows absolutely no interest at all,in any planning of any of our holidays,but he does say that,I wouldn’t want him to anyway,which is kind of true.
I do ask his opinion sometimes,but he asks me why I’m asking,because I’ll do what I want to do anyway,so it’s not worth him giving his opinion,but you know what,it works for us.
Of course,if he seriously wanted some input,then that’s fine,but he’s so laid back,he says if I’m happy he’s happy,so goes with the flow.
I’m happy on my iPad,constantly planning our holidays,it’s my little hobby.
At the minute,I’m planning Croatia,road trip to New Orleans,Nashville,Memphis,then goa & Thailand.
He fancies Madeira,so going to book that for next sept for us.
Happy planning,to all us ladies
Tracy x
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
I tell people, my husband doesn’t even know, where he’s going until we land lol!
Shows absolutely no interest at all,in any planning of any of our holidays,but he does say that,I wouldn’t want him to anyway,which is kind of true.
I do ask his opinion sometimes,but he asks me why I’m asking,because I’ll do what I want to do anyway,so it’s not worth him giving his opinion,but you know what,it works for us.
Of course,if he seriously wanted some input,then that’s fine,but he’s so laid back,he says if I’m happy he’s happy,so goes with the flow.
I’m happy on my iPad,constantly planning our holidays,it’s my little hobby.
At the minute,I’m planning Croatia,road trip to New Orleans,Nashville,Memphis,then goa & Thailand.
He fancies Madeira,so going to book that for next sept for us.
Happy planning,to all us ladies
Tracy x
Snap Tracy, at least we get what we want.
Many years ago we used to visit Croatia And it’s islands, loved every moment. Sadly the conflict ended those holidays would would still consider it again. We are off to Maderia just a week from our Orlando return. Always wanted to visit as we are keen gardeners, staying in Canico de Baixo.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mine is the same, as long as we can afford it, I sort it all out and he just turns up. He does show an interest in where we stay, on any holiday, but that's as far as it goes. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, I always get a big thank you at the end of the holiday for my efforts, usually comes with a nice gift from him too so not going to complain!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

My DH is the same!

However his lack of knowledge was a real problem on last year’s New England trip. I came down with food poisoning just before we were due to leave. We took the decision at 4am just before we were due to leave home that he would go alone with the kids and I would fly out once I was better. So between the vomiting I gave him all the documents, a brief outline of where he was going and DS told me to email him the airbnb details. Thankfully the hire car was booked in his name.

I managed to get out there 48h later to a huge sigh of relief for both him and the kids

The moral of the story is to at least make sire they know the minimum

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List