Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jul 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Touringplans.com seems rubbish to me. What are your thoughts.

Does anyone have joy with touringplans.com? Really disappointed that I’ve paid to sign up, put in my plans and no matter what I do it really doesn’t optimise things very well. It’s not user error, I understand how to add things in and click the optimise button. It just comes back with ridiculous suggestions. I try to manually move things to give it a hint that it’s leaving loads of ‘free time’ that it could use, but nope, it moves everything back.

Look here as an example. It thinks we should do nothing for nearly 3 hours instead of the whole host of things I’m wanting to fit in. I’ve played with the options around walk speed and waiting vs walking and it always does stupid things. I’ve tried editing this plan on my app on the phone, the browser on my iPad and my browser on my windows laptop. Result is always the same. Total free time for the day ends up being 340 minutes. Spam.

Edited at 06:22 PM.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It doesn’t look ideal. It’s also suggesting shows as “ideal for FP” which is blatantly not true. I have to say I’ve never really got on with Touring Plans as a means to create an itinerary. I’d rather do my own thing.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

I love touring plans and have used them for several trips. I’d check the settings at the top 2 slider bars and the tick for override fast pass, then change the time to leave the park to shorter and Optimise. It looks like a setting is aware or a major glitch. If that doesn’t fix I’d delete and start a new custom one again - the forum on there is pretty good at helping any glitches, hope you sort it. Much easier to set the plans on the pc / iPad and then use on the app in real-time
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I love creating a plan using them and find they work well when on holiday.

You have two options to put the attractions in in the order you want to tour and calculate it that way. Then see what gaps you have and what you can fit in where. I find their optimising doesn’t work the best but me putting in my order they are very close with timings of queues etc it’s worked well for many years. I add in 15 minute beaks if I know I might want a break or shopping near the attractions I am at.

Do not use the option where they calculate the order of the rides you do. I found Hollywood studios the most difficult last year because it was nearly all shows as TSL wasn’t open and it’s the timings.

Yes it is for people that love the planning, not for all. I do, it’s a hobby. And when on holiday I am flexible but find it works really well and no one else knows I’m following my plan!

I’m not a member until September otherwise I would have messed with a plan myself looking at what I can see in your picture😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I like touring plans, we don't really need it now but I still subscribe to get the lines app etc.

As the pp said, HS is the hardest to use it on because there are so many shows and they obviously only start at certain times meaning there will likely be gaps in the day. Have you tried a plan on any of your other park days? I find it works very well for MK

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Its not putting anything in after muppets as there is a fast pass time in for rock coaster. The same with your fast pass time for Toy Story mania.

If you click on which showing you want to see for beauty and the beast etc, it should move things around when you optimise it. Go to the shows between your fastpass times or try to move your fastpasses closer together earlier in the day so you can get more in the afternoon.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Beauty and the Beast, Junior Dance Party and Indiana Jones are all a “good candidate for Fastpass+” ?!?

It looks like you have fastpasses booked for 9:35-10-35, 12:35-1:35, and 3:15-4:15. Which seem a bit spaced out. I think it’s trying to fit the limited number of attractions at HS around those fastpass times and failing. It’s strange why it doesn’t put anything in the 2.5 hours between those first two items. Maybe it thinks you’ll want a long relaxing brunch?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 07:05 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

I signed up a couple of weeks ago and don’t feel like it told me anything I don’t already know. As others have said, the line app looks like it could be useful
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I love the whole set up on TP but never get them to optimise...I set it out myself.

They are fantastic as dining reservation finders and for room finding. Superb. Also I use the fax facility too.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

When you put them in a different order don’t press optimise. Press evaluate as that one leaves everything in order but redoes all the timing.
I like touring plans. It helps me a lot. We did magic kingdom from 9.10 till 6 and got miles of stuff done
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread