Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Jul 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Anyone bought glasses home?

while we are out there it will be our wedding anniversary. I have seen on disney inroom delivery service that you can create your own basket. I really like the look of the mickey flutes and was thinking of adding them and a couple of bits to the gift basket ( will get something fizzy at duty free to celebrate) They come in a box and would be great to use on the day and for the remainder of our holiday. Would love to bring them home but the chance of them being in one piece after the journey home is very slim.
Anyone done this?
Thanks
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Over the years have come back with lots of souvenir glasses. Nornally fill it with socks or something, wrap in bubblewrap and pack between clothes
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We brought a couple back last year that we bought in the gift shop. They were wrapped really well and made it home in one piece.

I used them for the second time a few weeks ago and parts of the black mickey’s came off one when washing it.

I e mailed Disney and they had another pair shipped to me within days.

Dawn
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Hard case or soft case OP? Hard case offers far more protection. Fill inside of glasses and light bubble wrap outside, then buy some Freezer bags, place in them with a little air and seal the bag.
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks-Mum
Excited about Disney

Only in hand luggage. On the way home I find I don’t need as much space as on the way out so not an issue to get a Mickey wine glass or two in my bag.
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I have also managed in hand luggage - I usually have a bag full of breakables on way home like Xmas decorations 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I've brought several mugs, but not glasses. The Disney shops will go over the top packing stuff if you tell them it's to go on a flight. That doesn't work for your glasses, but if you buy something else and they pack it, they go far enough over the top that you'll get enough packing material to pack your glasses.
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We have brought countless glasses home over the years and always put them in hand luggage wrapped in towels... we are yet to arrive home with one broken!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Take a large plastic Tupperware out in your luggage. You can fill it with cosmetics on the way out (that you don't want to burst in your bag) and on the way back use it for breakables. You can stuff the gaps with dirty socks or something so it doesn't take up any extra room.

I think I got the Tupperware tip off these forums and now I always pack one!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

For the hand luggage brigade, how are you getting these past security? I would of thouight that glassware in hand luggage was a massive risk?