Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 May 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post

not bothering with universal?

hi off to disney next year with 16, 16 and 9 year olds.

staying on site for 2 weeks in disney and questioning whether to bother with universal tickets?

last time we went to disney we went to universal once (had bought ultimate tickets)

Kids aren't into big rides and we are planning busch gardens/discovery cove etc and not into Harry Potter

Just feel we should go just because we are there - kids have said they aren't bothered
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

we will not bother next year either

last year we stayed at RPR for 1 night and had FOTLP for the 2 days, we had Uni done by 3 and IOA the next day before 3, to be honest we didnt really need the FOTLP either, it was a bit of a waste, just saved the massive walk down the empty queue area

we discussed and it didnt have enough for the money we spent
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

If nobody's bothered , then you've answered your own question, no brainier I think,
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Libbyimo View Post
If nobody's bothered , then you've answered your own question, no brainier I think,
Agreed! It's a huge amount of money to spend on something no one is bothered about. We do Universal because that and Disney are the reasons we go in the first place. For us there is no either or.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

For us we would miss Disney before Universal but my 3 boys love all the rides and are HP mad. If your kids aren't bothered I would save the money and miss it out.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

For us who have gone with teenagers its universal that they enjoy most (besides Busch Gardens roller coasters).
Only DS 16 coming with us this time and again he'd quite happily forgo the Disney tickets... only rides that interest him at disney are ToT, RnRRC, TSM, Startours, MissionSPace, Space Mountain and Test Track.
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Yes don't do it as tickets are not cheap.

We don't do Disney as like you we aren't that bothered so £1000 quid is a lot for us to to spend going to parks that don't excite.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

It all depends what you & your family want to go for, we would like to go to it all but funds won't allow us, & as my kids are 12 & 16 they prefer the thrill rides, so Universal it is for us, if we have extra funds left in our 2nd week, we will go to HS for a day as my 12 year old son loves Star Wars, & I would really like a little Disney in my holiday, but if no ones fussed about going, then save your money on different spends, just so much to choose from in Orlando x. Happy planning 😋

Edited at 09:46 AM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I think the Universal pricing increase has really got people now thinking one or the other.
We are going for 2 weeks - 4 adults and our 5 year old grandson.
I just want to do Disney - we have Ultimates.

But my son says we should also do Universal as grandson likes superheroes. Not sure it's worth in excess of another £1K for basic tickets though. Will decide when we are there.
He is calling me a skinflint - and I guess I am!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

I think we may miss out Universal next year, with the ever rising ticket prices it's becoming harder for me to justify £200 odd on two parks that we spent a combined time of about 9 hours in last time. We only spent one real night in CityWalk too.

Add to that my friend had a heart attack so we're looking at more rest days, so it would just work out better I think

I do love the parks and want to see Kong, but I don't know. I guess there's still a chance I find £200 behind the sofa and book it anyway lol. Or do both parks in one day on my own