Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jan 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 10 ~ Main Street Bakery, Pecos Bills, Casey's Corner and Chefs De France ~ 5th November 2018

Find the previous day HERE

Day 10 ~ Main Street Bakery, Pecos Bills, Casey's Corner and Chefs De France ~ 5th November 2018

I don't have many notes for this day apart from the blog I put on FB so things may get a little sketchy.

This morning I woke at 7.30am. Everyone was still asleep so I though champion, have a little soak in the bath, within 2 minutes of getting in, in strolls Noah 🙄 just like being at home. So that put an end to that. We all got up and sorted, kids had cereal in the room before we got a bus to MK for 9.15am.

My plan had been to head to Pinocchios Village Haus and Gastons Tavern, but as none of the others like cinnamon and didn't want to go we ended up getting some cake pops and cookies in the Main Street Bakery instead. We used up about 10 snack credits in here, kid's got some sweets and some rice crispie treats too I think.

Chris enjoyed his giant Mickey head cookie and Noah enjoyed his mini Mickey cookie. Caitlin and Thomas liked the marshmallow in their cake pops but didn't like the cake, so again this was a waste. I was holding out for my Cheshire Cat's tail!

We headed over to 7DMT for our
FP . Originally it was BTM but I changed it for 7DMT when I seen it pop up on the app especially as the kid's loved it. We got some photos done on the bridge.

On the way I got a Cheshire Cat tail. This was lovely, it was exactly what I expected it to be, nice and warm and the icing was a nice touch too, I'd definitely have another of these.

We rode 7DMT and the kid's loved it as per usual. We then went to meet Merida. Noah wouldn't see her.

We headed over to Frontierland as we had
FP for Splash Mountain. On the way we had a look in the Christmas Shop, we were looking for a bauble for our tree. I was starting with a headache so I just told Chris to sort it. He came out and decided it was too expensive and he wasn't going to bother, so we set off for Splash Mountain. The kid's and I got to Splash Mountain before we realised Chris wasn't with us

I got my phone out and had 2 missed calls oops! Turns out apparently Chris had said he was going to back and get the bauble ... none of us heard him say this. He's ordered and had it all pacakaged up but didn't have his wallet to pay for it (it didn't occur to him to use his magic band) Apparently he came out and couldn't find us and was heading towards Splash Mountain and that he'd go back for it later.

He eventually met us outside of Splash Mountain and we went to BTM to get a return time for the DAS pass. Our return time was 11.03am.

Everyone was whinging about getting wet and got the ponchos out of the bag ... I was hardcore and didn't need one 💪 As it happened we didn't even get wet, not even a tiny bit They weren’t impressed we didn’t get wet after all that effort 💦😂 I loved these cute little ziplock bags for phones and other items such a nice little touch.

They all wanted to go back on but we needed to go back for our BTM return time.

Whilst waiting for BTM we got some drinks and popcorn to share. We ended up waiting about 20 minutes for these as the till went down and they were waiting for a CM to come fix it ... at least I think that's what happened as the CM never explained! As everyone was so thirsty I decided to wait it out whilst they stood in the shade.

The heat was really getting to Noah by now, he refused to put his ear defenders back on or get out of the pushchair for the ride, I think this was the hottest day we had, it was around 31/32C and it wasn't even 12pm. We eventually coaxed him out of the pushchair but he had a complete meltdown in the queue. The CM just before we boarded asked to check his height and this just triggered him. He wouldn’t stand or move. When we tried to lift him he was just thrashing and going all floppy. I told Chris I would take him off as it was holding up the line (notice how Mr Grump never offered to miss the ride ) In the end the CM said it was fine and let him through. He had calmed a little but was still on one. I was in his bad books and he wouldn't sit or be near me When we got on the ride he said ‘I’m not putting my hands up coz I don’t want to enjoy it anyway' 🙄🤣 stubbornness at its best! Everyone really enjoyed this, although it was a bit too rickety for my old fragile bones and I came off aching in places I didn't know I could ache ... I also think I may have popped my disc out again

We then headed to Pecos Bill’s for some food to share. Well for Chris and I to share, the kids made faces as though we were trying to feed them poison 🙄 anybody else’s kids this picky because I feel like it’s just mine. Every meal time is a battle!

Pecos Bills

Since planning I had wanted to try the nacho's from here as I'd heard such rave reviews about them. I also wanted to try the Churros. It was about 11.30am and pretty busy. We knew the kid's probably wouldn't eat them so we'd planned to go to Casey's Corner a bit later for them.

We shared:

Beef Nachos - Tortilla Chips topped with Queso and Seasoned Ground Beef - $12.49

We also got a strawberry lemonade with this and 2 cups of free iced water. We also used a snack credit for:

Red and Green Churros -served with Chocolate Dipping Sauce - $5.89

The drink was lovely although a little tart I found. Chris and I really enjoyed the beef nachos, Chris more so than me, the kid's enjoyed the 'plain' ones they could find Me and the kid's really liked the churros too.

We had a
FP The Haunted Mansion so we headed over there. The Muppets were on as we went past. We parked the buggy and went through the FP queue. I've heard rave reviews of this ride and it wasn't here when I last came, in fact the film had only just come out, we watched it in the cinema at Pointe Orlando

As far as rides go I found it pretty boring, in fact we all did. It's definitely not one we'd waste a FP on in the future, sorry to those who love it

Next up we headed round to Adventureland for Pirates of The Caribbean. I think the wait time was showing as over half an hour as I went to get a return time for the DAS pass but they just let us straight on. We enjoyed this, I love the theme around PoTC, the kid's didn't appreciate so much.

Next we decided to do The Flying Carpets, on the way I seen the cart for the cheeseburger spring rolls I was really looking forward to trying them, it was one of the snacks I had been most looking forward too. Sadly it didn't live up the the expectations. They were nice enough but not sure I'd get them again to be honest, I did find them rather greasy and quite expensive at $7.50 a pop but the filling did taste like a cheeseburger!

We did the magic carpets then I noticed the queuing area for Aladdin and Jasmine. Some of you will know Jasmine is my favourite Disney character and I was really looking forward to meeting her and Aladdin together! I got chatting to a lovely man in front who I assume was on his own, he was from Michigan and was talking about how warm it was that day. Noah decided he needed the toilet when we were 3 from the front, so Chris ducked out and took him, luckily he got back in time ... not that it mattered as Noah wouldn't see them It was a great character interaction 😍 Jasmine is my favourite character but I didn’t feel comfortable speaking to her so left it to the kids 🤣

It was getting on for almost 2pm now and the kid's were hungry. We headed to Casey's via the Christmas Shop to get the bauble Chris choose In the meantime I tried to pre order the food on the app but for some reason it kept saying Casey's was clsoed It wasn't!

Casey's Corner

The kid's being the picky eaters they are we decided to head to Casey's Corner for them. I was a bit disappointed as we really wanted to try the chilli dog but we were too full off the nachos and egg rolls.

They shared:

All-Beef Foot Long Hot Dog Meal
served with Apple Slices or French Fries - $11.99

Corn Dog Nuggets Meal -served with Apple Slices or French Fries -$8.99

We got 2 fountain drinks with this and paid $1 for the cheese sauce. The kid's enjoyed the hot dog, however, no one really liked the corndog nuggets. This was just pretty standard food. I'm not sure we'd actually go back. It would be nice to try other food places in MK.

We walked through the Emporium as I wanted to look for a Disney hoody but none of them really appealed to me, I was quite disappointed. We wandered out onto Main Street and the boys clocked the balloons again

They were so excited so I bought 2 balloons for the boys... Huge mistake... They just thought it would be fun to hit each other with them 🙄 Yeah boys I really couldn’t have used that $26 elsewhere. In the end we had to separate them 😳 I popped into Pandora and spent more money 😳🤣💳 I got another charm and a safety catch.

We headed to the exit to head back to POR for some pool time as it was so hot so we missed Mickey's Philarmagic and It's A Small World.

In the queue for the bus we got the rice crispie treats out and start snacking on them.

When we got back to the room we took a photo of the other 3 rice crispy treats we got, these were from the 10 snacks this morning.

We were back at POR by 3.20pm.

We all got changed and headed to the pool for an hour. Noah was loving standing on the edge and jumping in for me and Chris to catch him ... it was cute to start with but it soon became tiring consifering he's an almost 6 year old At some point throughout the jumping I lost my Magic Band Luckily Caitlin and Thomas scoured the pool and found it!

I managed to do another load of laundry and went back to the room, showered and got ready for our evening at Epcot. I managed to snag us a Finding Nemo
FP for 6.55pm. We left at 6.10pm and arrived in Epcot by 7pm. We stopped for a few photopass photos first. I wasn't overly pleased with the quality of these to be honest.

We were on Nemo by 7.30pm, this was a nice chilled ride but the kid's said they wouldn't be bothered about doing it again. We headed round to France for our ADR at Chef's De France.

Chefs De France

I had debated cancelling it, but I ended up leaving it too late to cancel so we went ahead anyway. We were there on time and seated rather quickly too. Our reservation was 7.50pm and we had our drinks by 8pm.

I can't find it online but Chris had some sort of champagne cocktail (just seen the receipt and it was a Shirley Temple) and I had a rose wine. My wine was lovely and I really enjoyed it, Chris loved his cocktail too. Chocolate milk for the boys and sprite for Caitlin.

We were brought out bread which was a baguette, it was nice but pretty average ... we didn't get a photo till it had been cut up we were all hank marvin!

Chris had:

Filet de boeuf grillé (Grilled Tenderloin of Beef) [I]- with green peppercorn sauce, potato gratin and green beans - $35.99

I had the same but I just had fries with mine and Caitlin had the same but just plain pasta with hers.

Thomas and Noah wanted plain pasta. As Thomas was classed as an adult they put it through as an adult meal.

Gratin de Macaroni (Macaroni Baked) - with cream and Gruyère cheese - $18.99

We asked for plain pasta for Noah too but for some reason he was given chicken with his

I knew it was a favourite of DisneyDaffodil so really wanted to enjoy it. My steak was the best steak I had all holiday but the fries looked and tasted like they'd been reheated! Chris said his meal was nice and he enjoyed it. I think it's somewhere we would return but definitely an earlier ADR time as I think this also hindered our judgement, it was past 9pm when we left. I don't think it helped that our waited was really slow too, he was old so we put it down to that but it did damped our spirits a bit.

By now Illuminations was about to start and Chris was whinging so I sent him out whilst Caitlin and I ordered some desserts to go. As we were taking them away we were limited to what we could have, so we opted for:

Gateau au Chocolat - Chocolate Layer Cake with Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Sauce, and Mint Chocolate Ice Cream - $9.75

Crème Brûlée -Vanilla Crème Brûlée - $9.75

Sadly I didn't get photos of these. We ate some of the creme brulee chocolate cake when we got back to the room and they were nice enough, nothing to write home about though.

Caitlin and I headed outside and Illuminations was probably about half way through. I had text Chris to see where he was and he said he was on the bridge between France and the UK. We headed over but couldn't find them anywhere. In the end we agreed to meet up at the exit as it was just too busy.

We eventually met up around 9.30pm. We headed to the bus stop. The queues were huge, we hadn't actually realised that we'd walked past the Port Orleans bus stop! It was so busy the pathway was one way only and we needed to go in the opposite direction

There were lots of people behind us and wanting to get past when we seen the guy from the bus yesterday. He was shouting of Thomas so we went over, he asked how we were doing and then we did the cardinal sin of queue jumping the guy told us to jump in with him, his wife and in laws. We felt awful but we honestly couldn't get the pushchair back up the path the the end of the line. I felt so bad I thought I was going to throw up, especially as I hate when people queue jump! We got chatting to the lovely couple again and they were over the moon we went back to AK yesterday to ride FOP, Thomas told him how he'd loved it and he got to ride it twice

We all chatted about where we were from and what we do, the guy mentioned that he'd been to Leeds before and it was a dive I told him we're about 1 1/2 hours north of Leeds by car. He said he'd love to tour England, but not Leeds again ... he really had a hatred for Leeds. We also got chatting about double decker buses He said he loved them and thought the US could learn from them.

This was one of the longest times we queued for the bus, it was about 45 minutes before we got on a bus and we were so tired. Noah fell asleep before we even boarded bless him

We were back in the room for 10.30pm. I exchanged a few more messages with Fairytale Personal Shopper as she was delivering my BaBW parcel, Caitlin's personalised gift basket and birthday cake the following morning for her birthday. I had planned to meet her at the front desk at 7.30am but with it being so late I didn't think I'd be up for getting up that early so just asked her to leave it with reception and we'd pay the $5 fee.

Caitlin was acting like she’d ate half the produce in the main street confectioners and was high as a kite 🙄 she was obviously excited for her birthday. She eventually went to sleep around 11. I think I was alseep by 11.30pm.

Steps: 19,985
Snacks: 16 USED – 94 LEFT
QS Credits:3 USED- 31 LEFT
TS Credits: 5 USED - 25 LEFT

Edited at 10:20 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Those snacks from Main Street Bakery look delicious! I am craving one now haha! And the Cheshire Cat tail ...I really wanted to try one but never got round to it!

Looks like you had a good day and got a lot done!

Those Disney charms are lovely! I wish I had brought more!

Bless Noah - he did well to last so long after a busy day! Xx
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The zip lock bags for splash are so cute. They started those sometime after our trip as we didn't get them and I would have snuck out loads if I could.

I can't believe your DH forgot to use his magic band to pay. I'm cross you didn't show us your Pandora haul! Come on Kelly...you made up for not having found anything in the other shops on main street.

Good job on the kids finding your magic band in the pool, well done them.

Another hectic day with MK in the morning, pool time and Epcot in the evening. A lot of fun along the way though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another busy day

Joan
Old 9 Jan 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am so frustrated with myself for not making a point of getting the Cheshire Cat tail last year, it always looks so scrummy. I am hoping being on QS DP will leave me more room for snacking this year.

How funny that the CM in the Christmas shop didn’t suggest to Chris he use his band when he realised he was without his wallet. I know that if Nik got lost he’d never think to use his band to pay for something either.

I’m drooling over those Nachos, I think I’ll definitely have to try them this year.

I am in agreement over the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls, they really didn’t live up to the hype for me, I wouldn’t try them again.

I’m so sad you didn’t feel like chatting to Jasmine and Aladdin, maybe next time!?

Lovely choice of items from Pandora.

A real shame you weren’t wowed by Chef de France, I was really hoping you’d love it. I definitely think tiredness contributed to how you felt, and you are right those fries look rank!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done for making a dent in your snack credits with those yummy treats from Main Street Bakery.

The nachos from Pecos Bill look good, will have to try those.

How cute are those Splash Mountain Ziploc bags? I hope they are still doing them when we go in October!

A shame you shipped Philharmagic because of the heat, I think it is air conditioned in the theatre, but sometimes when it is hot you have had enough and just want pool time!

You dinner looks great, how funny that one plain pasta came with chicken on the side. It's a shame they used an adult TS credit for just a bowl of plain pasta, but I suppose they have to put it through the till somehow.

Looking forward to seeing Caitlin's birthday delivery tomorrow.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

what a lovely day - you covered a heck of a lot of ground!

ca I be that person for a moment? I'm a Haunted Manson stan - it opened in 1971 in Magic Kingdom & was the inspiration for the film rather than the other way around.

It confuses the heck out of me when they give kids meals but charge adult prices. weird Disney. The food didn't look so great at Chefs de France either, such a shame! we've not been in years, I'm sure they used to be better at plating / serving than that?!
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Lots of lovely snacks Kelly, I wanted to try the Cheshire Cat’s tail but never managed to. So many tasty snacks available and not enough time to try them all 😂

Shame you missed Philamagic, I hope you managed to go another day, it’s one of our favourites and has very nice air-conditioning too 😀

I wish you had a better experience at Chefs (as I praised it so much 😂 ) We loved the filet de beef which we had with the potato gratin which was superb. I enjoyed the creme brûlée too but Georgia (who had never had creme brûlée before) wasn’t wowed by hers. Our server was very attentive too (plus he looked incredibly fit which added to our enjoyment 😂 ) I think the service makes a big difference whether you enjoy a meal or not. I know lots of people love Yak and Yeti but we had a poor service here so didn’t enjoy our meal as much as we expected.

Edited at 12:34 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Those snacks from Main Street Bakery look delicious! I am craving one now haha! And the Cheshire Cat tail ...I really wanted to try one but never got round to it!

Looks like you had a good day and got a lot done!

Those Disney charms are lovely! I wish I had brought more!

Bless Noah - he did well to last so long after a busy day! Xx
They were lovely and the Cheshire Cat's tail was so nice too.

I was so surprised how much we got done, it was a lovely day.

I wish I'd bought more but I can't be too greedy!

He did fab, in fact they all did, they deserved a lie in the next day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The zip lock bags for splash are so cute. They started those sometime after our trip as we didn't get them and I would have snuck out loads if I could.

I can't believe your DH forgot to use his magic band to pay. I'm cross you didn't show us your Pandora haul! Come on Kelly...you made up for not having found anything in the other shops on main street.

Good job on the kids finding your magic band in the pool, well done them.

Another hectic day with MK in the morning, pool time and Epcot in the evening. A lot of fun along the way though.
The kid's loved them, I wish we'd brought a couple home for their memory boxes

He needs step by step instructions for everything

I did didn't I? It was the 2 new charms, although I did get a free bag too but I forgot to photograph that.

Kid's can be useful for some things

Definitely a lot of fun xx