Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jul 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The day they charge for a FP is the day I'm gone.

Hence I see us finished with Disney within 2 years.
Exactly my immediate response
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

No chance, they already ‘milk us’ for every penny.
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If I could pay $100 on top of my FL Res Weekday AP ($310 approx) then I would go for it.

Any more than that and it's a nope. Just not worth it imo.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If it's $100 for a fastpass for every ride then definitely! That works out at less than $2 a ride. I'd happily pay $2 to fastpass each ride.
That is what I think! I wouldn't do it every day of a holiday of course, but I would allocate one or two days to do as much as possible.

Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
If I could pay $100 on top of my FL Res Weekday AP ($310 approx) then I would go for it.

Any more than that and it's a nope. Just not worth it imo.
Unfortunately going off the club level additional FP prices, there is no way they would sell an unlimited ride FP for $100. We have got 9 FPs each spread over three days for $150 each, the minimum spend.

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You're right Claudette, they certainly won't do it for $100, but that would be my top price. Above that, no way.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

They might just go the whole way. You book the ride and the time. Want smugglers run at 10am on a saturday - no problem, $200. Want it at 9pm on a tuesday, $50. Dynamic pricing...

Dont want to pay, no problem, join the 4 hour queue.

Might even try to sweeten it with a buy smugglers run, get 1 other tier 1 fp for free or something like that.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We have got 9 FPs each spread over three days for $150 each, the minimum spend.
Is that 9 additional FPs for $150 per person? So, 18 FPs in total - 9 free FPs over 3 days plus 9 extra for $150? If so, that's just under $17 an FP. Which isn't too bad. It's the minimum spend that I'd find the main issue for me.

I can see Disney opening up this to everyone, not just those at Club Level. Get 3 free FPs per day, then the option to pay $50 per day for 3 additional FPs. Given that the system is already in place to do that, it should be reasonably simple to roll it out to others.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Is that 9 additional FPs for $150 per person? So, 18 FPs in total - 9 free FPs over 3 days plus 9 extra for $150? If so, that's just under $17 an FP. Which isn't too bad. It's the minimum spend that I'd find the main issue for me.

I can see Disney opening up this to everyone, not just those at Club Level. Get 3 free FPs per day, then the option to pay $50 per day for 3 additional FPs. Given that the system is already in place to do that, it should be reasonably simple to roll it out to others.
Yes so each of us has six fast passes a day for three days. The first three per day are "regular" FPs we would have had anyway, although we were able to book them at 76 days not 60 days. The other three are the ones we paid for which are not tiered and do not have to be in the same park. I don't think we will do more than three days of additional FPs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
rudeboy
Trading Disney Pins

rudeboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There’s more to it than simply introducing paid fast passes. Disney on the main is rammed if they sell too many fast passes then it would no longer be a fast pass queue . The current system has limited number which keeps it down. If they start charging , economics would push the price up and up as demand would be huge for a limited number . Who really wants that. I visited universal yesterday and even with express passes I waited 30mins on a number of rides . Simply selling as many as they can takes away its effectiveness.
rudeboy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The day they charge for a FP is the day I'm gone.

Hence I see us finished with Disney within 2 years.
I’d agree here. We already do very little park time and this would finish our interest I think.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List