Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 1 Jul 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
Excited about Disney

Where can I see wild Dolphins?

We would love to see them in the wild, any suggestions as to where we might spot some? Staying in Orlando x
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Lots of people head to clearwater beach area to go on one of the dolphin watching boats. Little toot is popular or there is a much faster speed boat variety which is also popular. (Sea screamer)

One option we have done In the past is to book an overnighter in a Clearwater beach hotel.

Go early, dolphin spotting, beach and sunset, head following day to Busch gardens before travelling back. Minimises the travelling if you want to do both anyway !

Edited at 10:09 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve seen them at Anna Maria Island on a boat tour and also on Cape Cape Coral. It’s amazing to see them x
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d head to Clearwater, it’s not too far for a day trip. As mentioned above, Little Toot is great, we saw lots of dolphins!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I've seen dolphins off the coast at Clearwater, first thing in the morning. When we went to Naples there was a dolphin eating the bait from peoples fishing rods off the pier.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

St Johns Pass - where the bridge is between Treasure Island and Madeira Beach. We ate there several nights, and each night, especially as the sun is going down there are many dolphins swimming in between the two banks.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

We did Sea Screamer years ago a memory we all have is they got us to stand at the back of the boat then they gunned the engines it created quite a wake...then the dolphins decided to jump,frolic in the wake. My daughter is autistic and she nearly went overboard with the joy and excitement
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Little Toot creates a wake they seem to love. There's something incredibly joyful about watching them choose to come and frolic.
I really disliked the DC Dolphin swim as it reminded me of donkey rides (sorry I know lots of people adore it) and much preferred seeing them in the wild.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We saw a pod at St Petes Beach there was baby dolphin and about 10 others at first could only see 2 but then they all appeared and stayed near the beach for about hour before leaving our children were so pleased to see them.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

Noit as glamerous but we often see them off the Northumberland coast but it is a bit colder.!

We are doing as many have on here and heading out on Little toot. I am an early riser and hoping to catch a few from the balcony of the hotel as the sun comes up
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List