Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jul 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a complete rip off

We haven’t been here for a while but just leaving Manchester airport. No where to get near arrivals to get ds and it was £4.50 for approx 3 mins after being directed to a car park . Utter rip off and farce . 🤬🤬🤬
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Saw this last week loads of folk wandering down the access roads towing cases as no one wants to pay the drop off charge, i thought Newcastle £2 was a rip off...

fwiw I used the T3 multi storey for 2.5 days (mon 15:30 - thurs 11:00) ... £135 for the privilege

partly my own doing as i arrived late & missread the signs but that his extortion
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Edinburgh was £4. For pickup. I don't know how they get away with it, Glasgow is still £2, let's see how long that lasts x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We haven’t been here for a while but just leaving Manchester airport. No where to get near arrivals to get ds and it was £4.50 for approx 3 mins after being directed to a car park . Utter rip off and farce . 🤬🤬🤬
😮😮 it was £3 a few weeks ago to drop son off and another £3 to pick him up. Didn't realise it had gone up, that is disgusting a £1.50 rise. 🤬
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Manchester Airport pick up is £4.50 for up to 30 mins. There is no reason for people to be dragging luggage along access roads for drop off - there are free drop off points with free shuttles to the terminals - alternatively it is £3 to drop off at the terminal. Last September, a judge referred to the fees as an ‘absolute disgrace’.
The fees were introduced a year ago.

Edited at 09:09 AM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

That is really bad. I only live 10 mins away by car. Normally get a taxi. taxi fares used to be £9 or £10 depending who I ordered. Will be £15 now I guess.

There will be tons of ppl being dropped off on the road somewhere and walking in, not exactly ideal is it.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
That is really bad. I only live 10 mins away by car. Normally get a taxi. taxi fares used to be £9 or £10 depending who I ordered. Will be £15 now I guess.

There will be tons of ppl being dropped off on the road somewhere and walking in, not exactly ideal is it.
the road that goes past the airport pub was like a public path, folk getting dropped at the pub & walking in...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Everyone everywhere seems to want to bleed folks dry these days, but £4.50 for three minutes I could do with income like that lol... Hope they had a great time though Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Just had a read on the website about it. The drop off zone with shuttle is all good and well but really, how many ppl are going to want to do that. DH will be oh just pay the extra, cannot be bothered with getting out of a taxi somewhere else and then getting on a shuttle bus to go up the road. Maybe it will change over the coming months when there are hoards of ppl walking up and down the road with luggage.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

I used the free drop off last year and it was a farce, it took an absolute age to get from the bus stop to the terminal, the bus goes round all the different car parks and then drops off at the various terminals - we even had a driver change just to make it even longer.