Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowdrop
New Poster (2)

Flights for June 2021

Hi, everyone, i am new to the Dibb so any information i will be gratefull.
I have been given a quote for flights for Virgin for June 2021 by a reputable travel company. Can this be correct as the flights are yet to be pubished. I asked in the virgins store shop and they couldn't quote as they are not yet scheduled for 2021. I asked the Agent if this price could change and was advised no it is fixed cost. the cost was £680 pp
Has anyone else had this offerred to them before.
thanks in advance.
Snowdrop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cartwheel
Proud to wear my Ears

No this absolutely not possible in my opinion!
cartwheel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

See what actual contract they are offering. The flights dont exist yet.

Now they might be agreeing to take the risk that the flights are more expensive and to cover that extra cost.

More likely they try to leave themselves wiggle room to get out of it and charge you extra if the prices are higher at a later date.

Personally i wouldn't book flights 2 years in advance.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Snowdrop View Post
Hi, everyone, i am new to the Dibb so any information i will be gratefull.
I have been given a quote for flights for Virgin for June 2021 by a reputable travel company. Can this be correct as the flights are yet to be pubished. I asked in the virgins store shop and they couldn't quote as they are not yet scheduled for 2021. I asked the Agent if this price could change and was advised no it is fixed cost. the cost was £680 pp
Has anyone else had this offerred to them before.
thanks in advance.
Doesn’t sound possible to me - stay clear would be my advice

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

We have booked 2 years in advance twice with no issues & no extra costs. I would rather know it’s booked & we’re really going. Plus once it’s booked, it’s more incentive to save up!

Edited at 08:53 PM.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They are selling you flights that are not on sale and they do not know how much they will cost. You can be sure they have priced on the high side to cover themselves. £680 sounds a lot for June. I would just save up and wait for the flights to actually come on sale. If you go ahead make sure you are protected, get the terms in writing and pay on a credit card.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Superl
A Guest at All-Stars

Hold on, I half disagree here.

There is a difference between flights being available, and fares being known. Imagine if Disney published its ticket prices to the end of 2020, but only released tickets 330 days in advance. Someone could sell you a ticket, or at least take a deposit for one with confidence they could sell you one, right through to the end of 2020.

Virgin fares are available now right through to 05 Jan 2021; here's an example of a Christmas 2020 fare with the date rules:

Search: Departing LGW on 12/21/20 for MCO
Fare basis code OPUP83BN
Flying VS
Routing via North Atlantic

SEASONALITY FROM UNITED KINGDOM -
PERMITTED 13JUL19 THROUGH 05AUG19 OR 12DEC19 THROUGH
23DEC19 OR 28MAR20 THROUGH 13APR20 OR 11JUL20
THROUGH 03AUG20 OR 11DEC20 THROUGH 23DEC20 FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
TO UNITED KINGDOM -
PERMITTED 16AUG19 THROUGH 31AUG19 OR 26DEC19 THROUGH
05JAN20 OR 05APR20 THROUGH 25APR20 OR 14AUG20
THROUGH 31AUG20 OR 26DEC20 THROUGH 05JAN21 FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.

But... two years is a long time away and those fares are not available yet. The travel agent is likely to be taking a punt that the world will not change a long between now and early 2019. I wouldn't lock in a fare at this point - too many personal and other unpredictable things could happen.
Superl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You can book for mid June 2020 from London or Manchester for less than £400 each including luggage. I really wouldn’t lock yourself in to that price.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowdrop
New Poster (2)

Thank you for all your replies. I think i will hold off . Does anyone know when june 2021 flights will be available to book.
Snowdrop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

My advice would be to start watching june 2020 flights from now. They will be released any day now. Watch the prices as they are released and over the mext 6 months.

By doing this you will get a very good idea of what is an expensive price, what is the typical price and what is a bargain.

This will help you next year book the flights for 2021. If you see that they regularly sell them for £400, you wont panic and book if they release them all at £600.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List