Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Walt Disney family museum

Due to a last minute change of itinerary on my upcoming trip, I have a day in San Francisco and was considering visiting the museum. Does anyone have any recommendations on how long a visit typically takes - I’m aware it’s probably a “how long is a piece of string” question, but I’ve no idea if it’s a full day, half day, couple of hours type of place

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DPC
Trying for More Ears

We were there a couple of hours but everyone seems to take different time. I stood at the park miniature for ages!
DPC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d suggest around 2 hours - there’s a small cafe for a coffee afterwards. If you’ve seen ‘One Man’s Dream’ at Hollywood Studios you might recognise some of the video material. Don’t forget to sit on Walt’s park bench from Griffith Park! And the model of Disneyland is fabulous. Then you could go to the Presidio Visitor Centre (virtually next door), and there are a couple of free shuttle buses which do two different loops around the Presidio so you can see the entire area. They take about 25 minutes each. There’s also a free shuttle which you can take Downtown at the end of your visit - the bus stops are next door to the Presidio Visitor Centre. I hadn’t planned the Presidio ‘tour’ but enjoyed it - in total I was there for most of the afternoon.
wdw-wanderer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was there a full 5 hours! Loved it - read everything at least once - fantastic place.
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

We were there about 3 hours, an amazing place! We had lunch in the small cafe too.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went once many years ago, if I don't remember wrongly I think I spent 2-3 hours there but would have liked to spend longer there if I could have! So would say half a day sounds right for me. There's so much to see there especially if you are a Disney geek!
Old 9 Jul 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Thanks all - I’m thinking half a day sounds good 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi it's a 1.5 to 2 hours. It's a simple room by room with early photos with personal and professional history covering each segment in Disney development . If your into reading every graphic discription then add another 30 mins. We both enjoyed it and well worth doing.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We were there for well over five hours and I read every exhibit avidly. We rushed the final room a bit because it was getting late. I thought the cafe options were very limited so we walked down the road 100 metres to a lovely French restaurant (not expensive) for lunch. Fab views across the bay to the Golden Gate Bridge too. We are Disney nerds though.
Old 10 Jul 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Was there in May & spent 3 hours there! I loved it & the area is so nice too with the Lucas film headquarters not far from there either. It closes on a Tuesday though, incase it’s a Tuesday that you have free.
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List