Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile How does everyone find good deals?

I see some amazing offers on some people’s and I can’t seem to find them. I’m trying to look for October flying out between 16th and 25th for 10-14 days.
Looked on sky scanner and it looks expensive. I always panic and go for the top car insurance too even though I’m not sure I need it.

Where does everyone look for deals?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I look between all the big travel companies like Virgin, TUI etc and then compare them to other smaller travel companies. I then compare if it is cheaper to book hotel, flights and car separate. We have been looking for next year and love holidays is quite good.

When we have booked a car we have always gone for the gold insurance just because of my husband's age at the time. (Under 25) I think it is always best to be safe than sorry so would probably still get the same insurance or the insurance below that.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I see some amazing offers on some people’s and I can’t seem to find them. I’m trying to look for October flying out between 16th and 25th for 10-14 days.
Looked on sky scanner and it looks expensive. I always panic and go for the top car insurance too even though I’m not sure I need it.

What do you mean by "looks expensive"? How much are you seeing?

October this year has reportedly been quite expensive ... and it will be more than your June trip due to school holidays.

Are you looking to book flights, car and accommodation separately this time?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZLocal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

If you are flexible, I find the best tool is ITA Matrix as it allows you to search a number of dates and variable number of days away, in your case 10-14.

Try it here.

matrix.itasoftware

Making some assumptions, flying from London you can get 1 adult for 14 days flying on the 16th for £367 as per attached screenshots.

ABZLocal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

It all depends on how you want to do it from the start..

We got lucky with our March trip as we have family who has timeshare so all in we paid under £500 for two weeks at Holiday Inn Club Vacations on the 192, but would have normally been double as we didn't have to pay the annual fee.

Our flights were £612 for both of us with Norwegian including x2 Luggage, however looking at flights I can't find them anywhere as cheap as I did.

Overall including our Disney & Universal tickets and car hire it was around £1,250 each so we got a real bargain imo.

For next year we're paying around £1,000 more for the both of us than we did this year, but that's because we've got extras booked and we're flying PE with TC as a accommodation and flights package. Main reason for this was just purely down to the fact we can't utilize the timeshare next time as it's already taken by another family member so was just easy for me to book both accommodation and flight in one go!

It all depends on how much time you want to dedicate to your planning/booking I guess as you can DIY everything or just book a package like us.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 12:48 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
For me I just keep a check on all the websites and look for deals example. A few years a go we booked celebration suites in old town should have been around 600 pound had a special for 500.00 with a pound deposit. We flew TC and paid a deposit of 25.00 pp which awas really good.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I ring and get quotes from the travel agents and do a DIY price. Charter Travel came in hugely cheaper for my 17 night YC, and RPH Aug 2020 with car. I couldn’t have done it myself for the price they quoted
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ABZLocal View Post
If you are flexible, I find the best tool is ITA Matrix as it allows you to search a number of dates and variable number of days away, in your case 10-14.

Try it here.

matrix.itasoftware

Making some assumptions, flying from London you can get 1 adult for 14 days flying on the 16th for £367 as per attached screenshots.

Would be going from Manchester and I’ve found these ones but when I got to Thomas cook or
Condor it changes the price.

Also has anyone used florida4less for hotels?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
qwerty2k
Trading Disney Pins

try using: bookwithmatrix/ (you just copy and paste rhe matrix result into there and it finds the price on sites to book)
qwerty2k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Honestly the best deal we found was to set a budget, work out DDP/Park tickets (as that is what we wanted to do) list our top 3 hotels, list prices for flights only (for Orlando)/fly drive (into all the other Florid airports) and work out which one gets us close to our budget.

And then the bit that means it's the best possible deal. Don't price it up again once booked as I have already booked and paid at a price I am happy with.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List