Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jul 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hipstalike
Proud to wear my Ears

Hipstalike's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by kingphil View Post
I believe you have use all three FP's in the one park, before you can then book another one in another park
No you don’t. You just can’t have fastpasses for more than one park at the same time. I played around with the system plenty of times on my solo trip in April and I was able to use my FP for Frozen in Epcot in the morning before snagging a FP for FoP. Didn’t use any other FP in Epcot (hadn’t booked any as I wasn’t supposed to be there anymore but my flight was cancelled) and headed straight for AK to get on FoP.
Hipstalike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I think WDW have done this to encourage more people into the shows, they are excellent crowd swallowers and lots of people will use those as tier 2 FP which could ease the traffic in the park.

I think what might also happen is that the standby lines for the tier 1 rides (probably excluding SDD!) will be more manageable as not as many people will have FP the regular line will move through quicker. I think there will still be long lines but the crowds will be much more evenly spread between them. Just my thought (and it's quite possible i'm very wrong!)

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hipstalike View Post
I just ended up not booking any FPs at HS at all as I didn't see the point of wasting two FPs. We're not into Star Wars at all so we'll probably not even try getting into GE so we'll hopefully get a lot done during the EEMHs and then leave to another park.

I have no idea what off site guests are supposed to do at HS, given they can only enter three hours late and will only be guaranteed one ride that's actually worth it (sorry Star Tours).
As an off-site guest I am feeling rather disillusioned with DHS for this trip. We will have a toddler in our party so the only ride he will be able to ride is Toy Story Mania so I will use our tier 1 FP for that. Entering the park 3 hours after all the on-site guests will no doubt mean crazy stand-by lines making it impossible to ride anything else. I am anticipating very quick visits that's for sure!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hipstalike View Post
You don’t have to do that if you switch parks. So imagine you go to AK first and only have a FP for FoP. You can use that one and then immediately book a tier 1 at HS, but there would have to be availability obviously
Sorry but your wrong. You need to have the 3 in the same park before you can do the 4th in a different park unless its specifically been changed for some reason that I haven't heard of. Stu may be able to confirm or otherwise. I stand corrected if it has changed, which would benefit me before I make my FP's this week.
From MDE : After you redeem your initial 3 selections, use the app or head to a kiosk to make another selection—even if you’re in a different park from your original selections!

Edited at 03:08 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

With the new changes the chances of any tier 1 ride FP+ being available on the day will be pretty close to zero.
We have accepted that we will have to queue for some of them as long as they are not too long if we cannot get what we want for the days we are staying off site.
We are hoping to get at least most of the headliners done during EEMHs before going to other parks.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Autumn Daze
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
I think WDW have done this to encourage more people into the shows, they are excellent crowd swallowers and lots of people will use those as tier 2 FP which could ease the traffic in the park.

I think what might also happen is that the standby lines for the tier 1 rides (probably excluding SDD!) will be more manageable as not as many people will have FP the regular line will move through quicker. I think there will still be long lines but the crowds will be much more evenly spread between them. Just my thought (and it's quite possible i'm very wrong!)
That’s a good point about trying to get people into shows. For me, however, we will end up tapping into the fastpasses for those shows and then heading back out again as we don’t intend on watching them, and that’s what is majorly bothering me. As someone else mentioned upthread I feel selfish for taking a Fastpass away from someone who might want it.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out!
Autumn Daze is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
I Struggled with choosing fastpasses for our 2 visits for
Hollywood studios but in the end decided to not stress so
I have chosen slinky dog ,Star tours and little mermaid (I love this so will definitely be doing it) and tower of terror ,Indiana Jones and beauty and the beast for the 2nd day,I haven't watched the last 2 shows for years so am gonna quite enjoy experiencing them again,if I have to queue for midway mania and rock n rollercoaster so be it!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I stumbled across this change today as am starting to decide what to book next month when our window opens.
I was open mouthed looking at what’s left in tier 2! As others have said we will be wasting fast passes on things we likely won’t do. It also means we need to decide whether to sacrifice all of Toy Story land as our favorite rides in all of Disney World are Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller!
Thankfully we are staying onsite for the first time so will be able to use EMH to do some rides. However if we were offsite I’d be considering skipping the park altogether which is completely unfair.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Sorry but your wrong. You need to have the 3 in the same park before you can do the 4th in a different park unless its specifically been changed for some reason that I haven't heard of. Stu may be able to confirm or otherwise. I stand corrected if it has changed, which would benefit me before I make my FP's this week.
From MDE : After you redeem your initial 3 selections, use the app or head to a kiosk to make another selection—even if you’re in a different park from your original selections!
I actually think this did change when they removed the requirement for everybody to pre-book 3 (they used to autofill your other selections if you chose only one attraction to fastpass, this is no longer the case). However, I think the way it works is that you must use all of your *pre-booked* passes prior to booking more in a different park. So if you have only booked one fastpass in advance of your day, you are free to book another in a different park as soon as you have used it, but if you booked three, then you must use them all (or wait for them to expire).

HOWEVER, I believe you do need to abide by the tier selections if you are staying in the same park. So even if you only pre-book one tier 1, the next two you book must be tier 2. I haven't tried, so cannot confirm. Perhaps someone else is in a position to do so.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I appreciate the comments but overall I think this may work out well. Firstly as more rides in Tier on that means more individuals will get at least 1 tier 1 fast pass. Then the sceanrio where a lot of people are wasting the tier 2's will mean the chances of just getting into a show or a tier 2 ride in the normal queue with a short queue time should be better.
My tactic would be clear book the tier 1 I really want as my first ride and then the tiers 2's i would be rebooking whilst in the park to pull the time forwards to allow me to get the next tier 1 as quickly as possible.
My question is once i have used the initial 3 FP's assuming tier 1 ones are available can i just keep booking the tier 1 ones or am i forced to book a tier 2 again at some point.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List