Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Clarity card - Fraud prevention?

Hi all,

We are off next month whoop whoop!

We have a Clarity card and on their website it says you no longer have to contact them about travelling abroad, however, ensure your contact details are up to date in case they want to contact you if they detect anything fraudulent. Problem is, we will be using a 3 sim and don't know what our contact details will actually be. Has anyone had their Clarity card stopped by the Halifax fraud team while in Florida or should I not worry?

Cheers
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i wouldn't worry. it will either work, or it wont. just be sure to have some form of backup in case the card is stopped, and you need to phone them after youve left the supermarket/wherever.

notifying them does no good i've found. even if you do, they might still block the card when you try to use it
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I find with clarity that even if they stop certain transactions, they let others through.

The best option would be as soon as you know your 3 SIM number login to the website and update the contact details

If they do stop a transaction they send you a text within an hour or so. If you reply YES to the text they reinstate the card.

As the other poster suggested, you will need a backup card with you though in case this happens, but this is true anytime you use your card here or there
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

instead of changing contact info on the credit card/bank site, just when you know the phone number of the three sim, set your main phone sim to forward to that number when you at at the departure lounge

it's done at the network level, so will auto-forward to the three sim card. no need to update sites with temporary numbers or anything
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks all for the info. Will do the forwarding option I think, although that leaves me open for work calls from customers! D'oh!
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
123Ellen
Earning More Ears

I didn't tell them when I flew out last time and I had no problems, although I did use my card at the airports on both sides
123Ellen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think our Clarity is probably the only one that has never got blocked . When others have blocked it's straightforward enough to sort.
I try to use a different card at Gatwick than after landing as one time I got a card blocked because I used it "in two countries in one day"

This year I got a text from Barclays whilst I was on the train to Gatwick asking about a suspicious transaction. I called them and my debit card was compromised. I mentioned I was flying to the US the next morning so rather than cancel my card they changed the settings to block any online transactions so it could only be used if the card was physically present which I thought was a great solution (it wasn't our main card and we could have managed ) , the only issue it caused was at one hotel when they used it the day before we were staying for an authorisation but I just updated with a different card. My new card was waiting for me when we got home .

Edited at 02:08 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Never had a single problem with mine over the last 8 or so years I've been using it abroad.

I lost it (may have been stolen - my wife was looking after my wallet while I was on some mad roller coaster with my son and I when I asked for it back later it was gone) in Abu Dhabi a few years ago and a quick phone call got it cancelled and a new one waiting for me when I got back.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a refused transaction on my Clarity at Disneyland in June, which put my card out of action, until I answered the text requesting confirmation that the transaction was genuine. Phone was back at hotel, so couldn't respond until late that night
After replying card was all good to go again.
Meant we had to use DW Clarity card that day, but I also carry back ups.
Don't think there are necessarily any reasons for temporarily stopping the card, just occasional random checks.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Ours usually gets blocked at some point, but does in the UK also.

I think that is probably to stop it melting!

As others have said DW is an authorised user on my clarity account and I am an authorised user on hers and the accounts work independently of each other.

We also carry non Clarity cards with us too.
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List