Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Jul 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
First
I want to go now!

Family of 4 eating offsite near Allsports -First time!

Hello!

We are super excited about our first Disney trip in 3 weeks!

We are staying at All Star Sports, but plan to Uber/lyft, (hope it is as easy as I think ) to eat out offsite most nights.

We are a family of four (2 adults 2 children 11yrs & 8 yrs) not too fussy eaters!

Can you help with a couple of questions?

1) Is $200 a day a reasonable food budget for a family of four? (cereal for breakfast in the room, some snacks around the park at lunch and offsite main meal in the evening)

2) We have a Landrys card, and are about to sign up these https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=972657
(with a cheeky "Florida birthday date" - Feeling slightly sheepish)
But, would you recommend the Eat & Play card, Dine4less card or the Kids Eat Free Card? Don't really want to get all 3... Is anyone better than the other two, or are any of them really worth it?

3)Can you recommend your family favourite place to eat offsite, that one place that you always have a great time/meal/memories? I guess we are near the 192 restaurants, but do not mind going a bit further for fun/special family places to eat!

Thanks so much for the suggestions - so super excited, getting ground rush now!
First is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We are a family of 4 , 3 adults and a child. We allow $200 a day for all of us for everything.
The various cards , have had several over the last few years, never paid for them had them with the tickets we bought, tend never to use them or forget
Our favourite resturants are,Perkins, Denny's, Cracker Barrel, Millers, Red Lobster, Chilli's, Steak and Shake, Waffle House, Outback.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
First
I want to go now!

Thank you for the help Ziggy - I've head a lot about Red Lobster and my wife really likes her steak so will definitely try Steak & Shake! Denny's seems like an American classic, might have to slip in the odd breakfast in there!
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

I think your budget is plenty. Some meals will be stupdily cheap, but some will be same as over here. I wouldn't pay for a kids eat free card, but we got ours free and will use at Mcdonalds and Teak, so will be worth it for us.

Don't get your hopes up for Steak n Shake... I don't think there is a steak to be seen, just burgers!
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

There's a McDs right outside the entrance to the All Stars resort, great for the odd meal if you can't be bothered to Uber some evenings. Probably a 5 min walk from Sports.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
First
I want to go now!

Mobile

Pompeyboy- That’s great to know thank you - a easy win for a tired family I think!

Markpwa8 - Arrggg! I’ve now promised my wife steak! Are there any great Steakhouses near by that you can recommend?
Old 16 Jul 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by First View Post
Pompeyboy- That’s great to know thank you - a easy win for a tired family I think!

Markpwa8 - Arrggg! I’ve now promised my wife steak! Are there any great Steakhouses near by that you can recommend?
Haven't been myself but lots here say Outback Steakhouse is good. There's also Texas Roadhouse but can't comment on that either.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Have you considered getting a resort mug? For a one off cost of $19 plus tax per person you will get soft drinks, tea, coffee and hot chocolate for the length of your stay in Disney. You can use it at your hotel and any other Disney hotel but not the parks.

They are good value, easy for multiple drinks on pool days, make nice souvenirs and if you decide to eat at your hotel or any other hotel's counter service restaurant you can use the mug rather than buy a $4 drink.

If possible, had a look at Loves2plan's food reports. They are really detailed and may give you some ideas if you decide to eat in Disney.

Disney Food Blog has a vlog on eating for $35 per day at Disney, which might also help for evenings you are too tired to go offsite.

Have a wonderful holiday.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Anywhere on 192 near sherbeth road is very near all star, under 5 mins by car. Look at the diners like Bob Evans, ihop and Denny’s for a quick cheap meal. Kids eat free at Bob Evans on a Tuesday night.
Bit further up 192 is rolling oaks with longhorn for good steaks, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse.
Your resort food court does big 16 inch pizzas for about $20.
Agree get the refill mugs.
Also Disney springs has cheaper good options like blaze pizza.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Have you thought about adding the quick service dining plan to your holiday? It would be less than the $200 a day you have budgeted for food.

This would be a possibility if you have booked your hotel and park tickets with the same travel company. I am unsure if you had considered this as it is your first trip to Disney.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List