Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 16, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile Flying on maiden name?

Hi all

We get married October 8th 2017 and fly out to Disney on the 10th. I booked the hotel/DDP with my maiden name without thinking really. As I won't have time to get a new passport in my married name am I OK to fly on my maiden name? Would I be alright telling border control we are on our honeymoon (if they ask) or will it look suspicious? Would I need to bring the marriage certificate with me?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
We flew on our honeymoon the day after our wedding and I was still in my maiden name. We had no issues at all.

We didn't take our marriage certificate with us.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
When married, there is no legal obligation for a girl to change her name to her married name. So you are OK to use your passport in your unmarried name, OK to use the hotel in your unmarried name. Just continue as you would have done if the wedding had not taken place. Why tell border control?

Have a lovely time both at the wedding and on honeymoon.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
You have to travel under the name on your passport, married or not makes no difference, just the name on your passport amd airline ticket need to match.
Old 27 May 16, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Your passport/ESTA/tickets have to match. Maiden name is fine.

Your ID should also match your credit/debit card if you want to make any large purchases (some places ask for id above $50/$100)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah lovely! Thanks everyone
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You will be fine! Some people never change their name when married. As long as the name on your ticket matches your passport you won't have a problem
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi,

We got married on 26th July 2014 and travelled to Florida on 29th July. I had booked in my maiden name, my passport was still in my maiden name and all was fine! As long as everything matches, there will be no issue. When we were asked the reason for our visit at border control, we said we were on our honeymoon and got congratulated! And told we were definitely newlyweds as our rings were still shiny! You cannot travel to America on a pre-changed passport anyway.

The only time I even noticed the name change was when we did a walk in at Rainforest Cafe and they asked for my name...I gave my maiden name didn't I 😂😂 then quickly corrected to my married name in a right fluster and with a very red face. DH and the server were both laughing so hard at me that when the server stopped laughing took us through to be seated straight away for making him laugh so much!

All good fun!

Best wishes for all the wedding and honeymoon planning,

Mrs A 😊
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post

My wife still hasn't changed her passport in 2 years, maybe she's trying to put it off as much as possible.

We have been twice since the wedding and everything booked in her maiden name both times.

Have a good one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

You'll be fine Shell... I travelled over 2 years on my maiden name, only changed it when pp needed renewing.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List