Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 16, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile Favourite airline and why

Hello
Although we are nt going for a long time (2018) 🙀 I'm thinking ahead and looking at flights for next year to get a bit of an idea on prices to budget for.
Who is your favourite airline and why? We ve only ever flown virgin but we have only been once.
Thank you
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I have none, I'm not loyal to any airline. My criteria now if possible is a direct flight, price, and if I can book exit row seats, I recently flew Thomas cook direct for the first time from Glasgow, it was direct and cheapest and got exit row so I'm happy with all that I have flown VA and BA too.
Old 20 Jun 16, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

We don't mind Thomson, Virgin or BA.
If we can't fly from a local airport ( which we never can to Florida) then we fly from Birmingham, prefer the trek to there rather than Gatwick!
So for Florida we normally book with Thomson's, the leg room is good, the Dreamliner ( haven't flown with Thomson's on that one yet) should be better.
Price is a major factor but definitely not the deciding one.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

The cheapest!

Though I also look at flight timings / routings (if indirect) and total travel time. Direct isn't always quickest when that's factored in.

There is very little difference in any of the airlines I've flown with to the US (economy), certainly nothing worth paying extra for.
Old 20 Jun 16, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
fynnon
Excited about Disney

fynnon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
departure airport is a factor for us, Gatwick is a pain the but to get to, so it would ideally be flying Delta out of LHR for us, there used to be a direct flight from our local airport (CWL) but that is no longer an option.
1990 HoJo 192 ,1994 MIC Lakefront ,1997 Bass Lakes villa,2005 Formosa gdns villa,2007 Marriot courtyard, Vineland ,2009 HoJo 192 ,2011 Rosen @ Pointe Orlando, 2014. Rosen @ pointe Orlando.2015 Venice/sarasota Shingle Creek/Venice 2016.

fynnon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have flown with different airlines each time. Cheapest from where we want to fly from wins. I personally preferred united Arline's from Edinburgh to MCO via New York.
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisylou
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by fynnon View Post
departure airport is a factor for us, Gatwick is a pain the but to get to, so it would ideally be flying Delta out of LHR for us, there used to be a direct flight from our local airport (CWL) but that is no longer an option.
TC fly out of CWL but it's only once a year. Thomsons will be flying out of Bristol but that is on a Sunday.
Lisylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Who ever is cheapest wins for us, but mostly Virgin, as we collect Airmiles, and this helps a lot.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

BA Club for us, we collect the Amex Avios so generally get a good price with a companion voucher.

If we flew economy I think they're all the same so would be whoever was the cheapest.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Have flown with different airlines but flew to US with BA last year and was fantastic. Booked to go short haul with them again this year. Not so loyal that I would always go with them, but I would certainly price check them first.