Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Feb 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 - Day 11 - Lake Wilson Preserve - Premium Outlet - Park/ rant/ shop!

Welcome back, you made it - I knew you would

There is a day in a holiday you write about that really sums up where you are at.
Today is that day.
We were shattered after burning every day on site and to be finally in a villa allowed us the chance to relax a little and certainly to enjoy space, time and some special family time too.

Day 10 - if you missed it is a click here away

The whole index to 2018 is here

and as featured in day 10 - the link to every single trip report and the complete index is here.

Welcome to Day 11
Sunday 5th August

Well it was intended as a day off and so it became.

We rose around 10 and to be honest, having woken at 8 and checked on the boys - they were as ready for the break as we were.
Nice to experience this as we opened the bedroom window this morning...

It was our opportunity to catch up with the heat and exhaustion that faced Grandma and Grandad in Scarborough- they would have been rather thankful for the air con and fans that they saw in the background to our Facetime conversation.

Seems so strange that we were actually having a more pleasant temperature time than was on offer at home!

The heatwave at home was so uncomfortable for them, to be honest they were fed up of the heat that prevented sleep and also no way of finding any relief- they really did need a Florida air- con house more than we did!

As we said our goodbyes and just as we went to get in the car, by chance, we met our management company - on a Sunday and just wanting to know if all was ok -impressive start as we had no hot tub bubbles. That getting in the car was delayed and the best service experienced by the management co.

It was not a quick fix and so were promised a fix ASAP.

When you book a villa you really can be in a bit of a strange unsupported place – the management company nailed it on our first morning – fantastic response and we fed that back to the villa owner too, this was service above and beyond. Totally appreciated.

A great welcome to Lake Wilson Preserve

Amid our Disney bubble experience we had not had a day like this- just driving with the intention of getting to nowhere! To enjoy the drive, the traffic, the radio and to simply chill as a family in the car – yes the air con was good too!

We intended on a bit of shopping, but were not even sure where that would end up as we left – we just went for a drive.

I know I gave mention previously, of the tired/old/out of date sat nav we have, yet when you are in the car with an out of date map and can see that the I4 is a car park- you opt to travel silly routes you have travelled before- possibly adding on a mile or two but always moving, that prior knowledge.

It probably cost us as much in fuel and time as sitting on the I4, yet you felt as if you were getting there, and to the top of the I4 and to the Premium Outlets that can sometimes offer up a bargain.

When I reminisce on our very first visit, I’m sure it was Belz, then Prime and then now Premium. In the past there was much parking- today parking was an issue totally different to any seen before.

I dropped Alison and Joe off-as Josh and I went to find a car parking space.

Without swearing my description will be short, but I will try!

Ok I can’t …

I can understand Disney, Universal and theme parks charging for parking- only to an extent, but recognise it as a necessary evil. To go shopping you are having the biggest laugh on the planet.

To see what was on offer here was such a joke. Yes, it was Florida tax free weekend- but the parking closest to the mall appeared to have been sold to an app company for $10 a slot- the $15 pre booked parking was closed/full – or you could do valet parking for more money than makes sense if you are shopping to save money.

We have been on the same weekend previously and always known you need to walk to the shops – today that had changed considerably since our last visit in 2017. Even the furthest away parking lot was rammed with staff cars in cordoned off areas.

Thankfully common sense prevailed, possibly known as being frugal/ sensible or indeed not allowing the money grabbers of the world unite and take over!
Otherwise I would have still circled every parking space known to premium outlet mankind-I avoided that by simply parking even further away than usual and walking. We parked in the old Festival Bay parking , so who knows how soon they will be asking you to pay to park there!

There is no way I will ever pay any amount of dollars to go shopping at Premium in either of the Orlando sites.

Ok rant over !

We all met in the food court and willingly waited and paid for a Five Guys.

After all those days of Magic banding all food options, we now needed to pay for food.

Shopping after, meant a visit to the Disney store- in the time we were in the shop, many items put in the basket were not even seen again on the shelves by the time we got to the checkout.

This bit of the day needs a video and I’m sure CCTV will being having a good old laugh at our shopping experience, we found loads and in the end tried to roll ourselves in in order to
actually buy stuff that would be worn and would not be cast aside once home.

We found more than that -as you do!

Glow with the show ears , that we honestly would not buy in the parks , bargain.

Baymax ears for friends and Josh.

And loads more too…Amazing how quick you can spend $150 on stuff that has an original price of $380!

To be honest, we left stuff behind and it was a case of right place at the right time and we knew that –this was one huge bargain Disney shop – possibly the biggest and best ever!
(depends on which way you look at it!)

The shopping spree was not finished there;

Puma shop - shorts Josh,
Nike - Joe golf tops and shorts - even upside down they are a bargain!

and we then headed to Walmart

No food and $150 dollars later we had golf balls, gloves and loads more stuff that only Walmart can induce you to buy!

We did stop short of these though, although we could not resist the selfie and a whole lot of giggles too.

Interesting to see people who will feature later in the trip had a similar Walmart experience!

You will need to keep reading to reveal their identities, but having found this pic on their Twitter feed it was funny to se they had a similar Walmart experience.

Having enjoyed Five Guys for lunch we had a pool evening and just had some sandwiches to eat, this was exactly what we enjoy about heading to a Villa , the space, the fun and the opportunity to just relax try some of the stuff bought on and enjoy the surroundings.

Have to admit Lake Wilson Preserve was exceeding everything we had hoped.

We just had a fantastic night relaxing by the pool and already felt totally at home.

See you real soon for the next day and thank you for reading

DAY 12 is just a click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 11:43 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Love those easy days where you do nothing but still do something.

Great Character warehouse haul, we timed our visits poorly this time so came home still wanting.

I laughed so hard again when I saw your selfies

TFS, as always, I’m looking forward to reading your next day

Sivako
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Had to laugh about the parking anyone would think you came from Yorkshire

A good shopping haul

Joan

Edited at 10:46 AM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We love just jumping in the car and going nowhere in Florida, especially when it’s hot out and you can just enjoy the AC. We don’t have a Sat Nav so we just drive and see what we can see.

Always love seeing everyone's purchases, you had great luck at the Character Warehouse once again.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Had to laugh about the parking anyone would think you came from Yorkshire

A good shopping haul

Joan

I've no idea what you mean Joan

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great day. The view from your balcony looks lovely and private. It sounds like you all had a nice relaxing time after your park adventures and a well earned lie in too!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Gorgeous day! Wish I was there now
😊
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
christoby
Proud to wear my Ears

Loved reading your daily reports can't wait for the rest.
christoby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A chilled out day, some bargains and burgers, and it turns out Disney aren't the only ones fleecing people for parking. A well deserved rest day for you all.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Gorgeous day! Wish I was there now
😊
So do I! It is possibly why typing all of this up through the winter months just keeps me going. Glad you have the same thoughts - hope things good with you