Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Is there still a chance it wont be as bad as saying and people are in a panic because of media? Im just praying no damage
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by andrew1968 View Post
It's understandable that it won't be quite "business as usual" during a hurricane, but as long as we're safe and don't go hungry, that's the important thing.

And I've got lots of stuff downloaded on my tablet from Netflix etc!

(And it'll be an experience of nothing else 🤨😁!)
ok if there is power to charge it!
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
andrew1968
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I didn't think of that! 😱😁

I've got a couple of paper books and magazines as well!
andrew1968 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Parks closed for Jeanne,"she" was the middle of 3 one after the other, we were in Epcot & it closed at 5:00pm. Then basically stayed in the Hotel for the next 36 hours- staff were all sent home. By the time the "curfew" had stopped there was very little evidence that anything had happened.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I agree completely. My post was to manage expectations if there next week. Don’t expect full dining options, pools to be open etc. My friends were stuck in their hotel room for 2 days bored
We were at POR and while it was wet on the Sunday we were able to walk to the food court. Obviously the pool wasn’t open but we made sure we had plenty of reading material, the TV worked and Disney put some movies on the resort channel. The storm hit overnight and it was lovely on the Monday so again we were able to walk round the resort. Lots of guests were helping with clean up. By the Monday night the food offerings at the food court were minimal but there was still hot food and the drinks dispenser worked.

You’re right, expectations should be managed. There won’t necessarily be anything to do at the resort. You need to stock up on bottled water and make sure you have non-perishable items to eat in the event the hotel can’t provide. However, we were reassured by Disney CMs many times in the days before the hurricane hit that Disney would look after us and they did.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Clairelly
Proud to wear my Ears

We were there in 2004 when category 4 hurricane Frances struck. The parks shut for a couple of days and we were instructed to stay indoors. Our flight was cancelled and we flew home 4 days late.
Clairelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve&Jan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
ok if there is power to charge it!
Buy a couple of portable chargers before you go, at least you can top it up a couple of times.
Steve&Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List