Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Apr 16, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
-Florida2016-
Gone all Goofy

Getting to Disney for rope drop

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a little advice on getting to the parks for opening. We're not staying onsite so cannot take advantage of EMH but still want to get there early to sign up for Jedi training and also to take advantage of queue times early on etc

It's never occured to me until this morning but how long does it take to get parked up and to the park entrance ready for rope drop? Also, is there anything else do we need to take into account like security etc?

I guess what I'm really asking is how long would you give yourself to there in time for the rope dropping?!

Thanks in advance
-Florida2016- is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I would arrive at the car park 1 hour before opening. you have to get from the car to the entrance and go through security before queuing to get in.

Obviously don't go on a day that has EMH.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
-Florida2016-
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for the reply SMAX!

Major schoolboy error on my part though! :angry: I assumed (wrongly) that all parks had EMH in the morning...poor planning!

Fortunately, having checked the dates I'd planned the Disney parks in for, only one of them has EMH on the day we'd planned so I've quickly juggled the dates. Phew!
-Florida2016- is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hyde1969
Gone all Goofy

I've only just realised that you have to register for Jedi training. Hadn't really given it a lot of thought but now that it has been mentioned to my 5 year old, he is talking about it constantly and watching clips on YouTube of it. So now the pressure is on to be sure that he gets his name down. We are staying in Disney so will be there early. In fact our first day is there to make advantage of us waking early and EMH. Where do we go? How many times a day is it on? I take it that this is the only way to get on it and that this isn't a fast pass attraction?
Hyde1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
-Florida2016-
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Hi Hyde1969,

I don't know the full ins and outs (I'm sure someone will come along and fill in the gaps) but yes, you have to register. I believe you do this first thing so it's crucial to get there early doors. You have to wait in line (I'm not exactly sure where, we're going to do a recce the day before) and register along with your little one. You'll then be allocated a time to come back. Unfortunately you can't Fastpass, but I believe you can take advantage of EMH and register before the park fully opens.

Hope that helps
Old 1 May 16, 04:31 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin68uk
Helping Minnie

People are seen running to this jedi lark. Get there one hour before opening, walk quickly and you should be ok

Edited at 04:57 AM.
kevin68uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Saw a trip report the other day which had a map showing where the sign up place is. I think it was Scottishnellie. Hope I got that right.
Old 2 May 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Yep was scottishnellie
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread