Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Feb 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile Three PAYG sim with Go Roam

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience using the above sim with Three?

My main contract is with O2 and to roam it costs £4.99 per day so I very rarely use it and have to hunt for Wi-fi all the time. Not handy if trying to get an Uber or similar.

We’re going for 3 weeks this time so was thinking of getting a PAYG sim from Three that includes roaming, I’ve found one with 12gb data included for £20.

Didn’t think this was too bad but I have a few questions. Does anyone know when the 30 days starts? Is it from when I buy it, or when I first use it? Also, obviously I’ll have a different number for the time I’m over there, has anyone ever switched their WhatsApp account over to the new number and then switched it back to their normal number once home?

Probably a bit of a niche question but any help is appreciated!
Stringaa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve used 3 PAYG twice first time it was rubbish and hardly any use but for lack of anything else I tried again and it was great. The 30 days start from when you convert your credit to an “all in one “ package or whatever they are/were called.

As for WhatsApp. I didn’t use it over there much but I don’t recall it not working so I’m 90% certain it works on the App/phone so apart from needing a number to register it doesn’t matter after that
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Mixed bag for me.

Kinda works. Usually slow speeds on data and not all calls go through.
Good enough though. And had all maps pre downloaded.

Will be able to compare EE Max next year which gets far better reviews across the board.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did this last year, we just put the sim in an old iPhone and used it for a sat nav (had one in the suburban but not in the mustang but could could Apple play so it liked up on the screen) Also used it for uber. We found it worked well, WiFi in the freeway to/from Miami was very hit and miss but didn’t bother us. We only wanted it to be able to use it for apps etc.

Think it activated as soon as we put the sim into the phone, which we didn’t do till the day before we flew.

We would is e it again but no need to this year as 3 of us have Vodafone global roaming plus on our contracts so can use it in the US.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I am with O2 so took a 3 sim just incase. I activated the day before I left but didn't need it as managed to get wifi .

However O2 have just started doing roaming in the USA so check that out first
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
paulandalison
Imagineer

paulandalison's Reviews
We've used it the time first time was not so good, when I came on here to ask if anyone was having trouble, I was advised I should have put it on AT&T network for better results, so next two times that's what we did no problems at all, we going to use the same SIM and use it again in May, you just have to put an add on onto the SIM and put it in and register it in this city, DH normally does it at the airport when we're waiting to board the plane.
paulandalison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we get 02 to unblock our phones and put in the three sim

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Used it while we were over there I was told that it was 3g only but we got 4g everywhere with the same download speeds I would expect at home
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Used 3 SIM with 5gb for £15. Worked fine , didn't make many calls but worked fine when we needed it. Also used as hot spot for tablets and other phone we had . Still had 3.5gb left after a week. Worked well for Google maps navigation linked to our car with Android auto.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List