Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Returning items bought on a cancelled credit card

I bought a couple of dresses from debenhams last week. I was hoping to return one because I found something that I like more. Today however we were informed that someone had been using our credit card fraudulently so they have stopped our cards. The thing is I bought the dress on that card so they will not be able to refund onto it. Anyone know if I can still return the dress?
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yes, have you still got the card even though it's cancelled? It should still be able to accept refunds.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We were told to cut them up. My husband cut his but I haven't done mine yet as I was hoping that I might be able to still refund on it. Thank you.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I had the same problem a while ago. I rang the company to explain and they refunded to my debit card instead. I can’t actually remember what company it was now though as it was a while ago, but I know there was no issue with it
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Thank you, that actually would also be a good option if they will do that.
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Are you returning in person or online?

Online is easy as the credit card company will automatically shift the refund into your new card.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I will be returning in store. I wish I had asked my husband to ask when they called him. I was a bit taken by surprise so never thought.
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I'm pretty sure the refund will be automatically sent to your new account, as with any purchases you made that were pending they would charge that to your new card. (Not the fraudulent purchases..).
Im sure I had that with a Debenhams card too. 🤔
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
I'm pretty sure the refund will be automatically sent to your new account, as with any purchases you made that were pending they would charge that to your new card. (Not the fraudulent purchases..).
Im sure I had that with a Debenhams card too. 🤔
So does that mean wait until my new card arrives and take the item back using that one or take my cancelled card and it will be knocked off my new card bill? Sorry I know I am probably asking a stupid question.
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Wait for your new card to come through and take the item back with your new card. They will refund it in to that for you. its still a debenhams account, therefore it shouldn't be an issue. Just tell the assistant that the old card is no longer valid due to fraudulent transactions. She will be fine with that. 😊