Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Question 4 park challenge...

Hey there guys, I was just wondering if any of can advise the best way of making this work? We plan on trying it on our last full day, just for fun obv!
We'll be staying at YC by this point in our holiday so our current plan is to do at least one ride and a snack in each park starting with EMH at AK, before heading over by bus to HS, then walk to Epcot, monorail to TTC and boat across to MK to finish with Happily Ever After .

We've currently got 3 fp's for AK just to use them up so we can book more elsewhere. However, I really feel we'd be better getting a fp's for Soarin etc later in the day? We'll obv be at AK for EMH opening so should get on at least one ride without too long a wait...would love to get on FOP as we only managed to get 1 fp for it the whole holiday, but not holding out much hope ...we'll defo try though!

What have you guys found works best? Which order have you done the parks etc? And what did you fp?!

I should add that Epcot closes an hour later than MK on the night we plan to try this, however we'd rather finish our holiday watching fireworks at MK.

All help & advice greatly appreciated, thanks
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,

Edited at 01:19 PM.
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

We really enjoyed this, but when we started we did decide that we would stop at any point if we weren't enjoying it - as we didn't want a challenge to be more important than enjoying the holiday.

We did at least one ride and one snack/meal at each park. Started with AK, bus to HS, boat to EPCOT, monorail to MK - that way we got to vary the transport too! We also tried to get an iconic photo (Castle at MK, Tree at AK etc) for each park, as we wanted to put them all together! But we forgot in the last park, whoops
Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by C4rla View Post
We really enjoyed this, but when we started we did decide that we would stop at any point if we weren't enjoying it - as we didn't want a challenge to be more important than enjoying the holiday.

We did at least one ride and one snack/meal at each park. Started with AK, bus to HS, boat to EPCOT, monorail to MK - that way we got to vary the transport too! We also tried to get an iconic photo (Castle at MK, Tree at AK etc) for each park, as we wanted to put them all together! But we forgot in the last park, whoops
Perfect, thank you! We’re thinking the same...just want to have a bit of an extra fun day trying something different 😀...but like you we’ll drop it if it’s proving too much at any point. I was a tad worried about doing it so late into our holiday tbh with tiredness etc, but I also feel like it’s a really good way of getting to do all our very favourite rides and eat all our favourite snacks etc before we head back to boring reality 😂...plus we’re hoping to have chilled a little bit whilst on the cruise before we get to YC! I think we’re gonna book fp’s for Epcot instead of AK and just hope EMH isn’t too busy! And I’m sure there’ll be something at HS we can get on quickish...here’s hoping anyway 😀
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

I've never actually done this, but my eldest 2 children have and found it quite easy to do, think they did 2 rides in each park and met us in Magic Kingdom by 4pm, so plenty of time. If you're planning on starting around 8am with extra magic hours I think fast passes would be a waste in AK, unless of course you manage to get FOP. I'd definitely get them for 1 of the parks later in the day.
My son even managed fantasmic, illuminations and wishes all in 1 night once, but that was December so as it was dark early I think fantasmic started at 6.30pm. It wouldn't be doable in the summer when they are all around 9/10pm.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
HPHC
Trying for More Ears

We did it last week. We did all forms of transport, 2 rides in each park, pin trade, photopass and eat something. We were finished by 7pm and that was because of a thunderstorm stopping a lot of things from being open and splash mountain being closed due to tech difficulties. We got 1 fast pass for our 2nd park ( which for us was Epcot). This then allowed us to book fast passes for the final park once we had used the first one.
We started in MK monorail to Epcot, boat to Hs and bus to AK. We had an ADR for BOG so were able to get on SDMT as soon as the park opened. We rode SDMT, thunder mountain, Test track, Figment, TOT, star tours, kali river rapids and finally Everest.
I did want to go back to Magic Kingdom at the end but kids were exhausted and arguing so went back to hotel pool.
HPHC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

We tried it the other month..started off at AK, then drove to Boardwalk and did HS (held up there at security for about 40 minutes due to horrendous storm and no one being let into the park) then Epcot...it was at this stage I gave up and decided to drink round the world instead
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We did this last week! Started in HS because it was open so early(7am, but we rocked up around 8.15), had booked fastpasses there, had a coffee and a doughnut, boat to Epcot( in through International Gateway) and had breakfast in France(delish I might add!). Got fast pass for Soarin’, also went on the boat ride in Mexico. Then the monorail to MK, went to Philarmagic and then a fast pass for Barnstormer, had lunch in Be Our Guest. Finally got the bus to AK, had a fast pass for Kali, but the weather came in and they closed it, so had an anytime fast pass and went on the safari, then Bugs Life. Had a coffee and tea there whilst sheltering from the torrential downpour, then got the bus to AKL for dinner at Boma. Fab day if tiring! Fast pass is your friend, get hate er you can as soon as you are ready to leave a park then keep amending it until you get a decent time.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
I've never actually done this, but my eldest 2 children have and found it quite easy to do, think they did 2 rides in each park and met us in Magic Kingdom by 4pm, so plenty of time. If you're planning on starting around 8am with extra magic hours I think fast passes would be a waste in AK, unless of course you manage to get FOP. I'd definitely get them for 1 of the parks later in the day.
My son even managed fantasmic, illuminations and wishes all in 1 night once, but that was December so as it was dark early I think fantasmic started at 6.30pm. It wouldn't be doable in the summer when they are all around 9/10pm.
Awesome, thanks! And WOW to your son for doing the 3 fireworks performances in one evening...thats very impressive! It's good to know it doesn't take as long as we'd been thinking
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HPHC View Post
We did it last week. We did all forms of transport, 2 rides in each park, pin trade, photopass and eat something. We were finished by 7pm and that was because of a thunderstorm stopping a lot of things from being open and splash mountain being closed due to tech difficulties. We got 1 fast pass for our 2nd park ( which for us was Epcot). This then allowed us to book fast passes for the final park once we had used the first one.
We started in MK monorail to Epcot, boat to Hs and bus to AK. We had an ADR for BOG so were able to get on SDMT as soon as the park opened. We rode SDMT, thunder mountain, Test track, Figment, TOT, star tours, kali river rapids and finally Everest.
I did want to go back to Magic Kingdom at the end but kids were exhausted and arguing so went back to hotel pool.
Great, thanks for that! Never thought of doing a pin trade so that's a really good shout, cheers ...
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
We tried it the other month..started off at AK, then drove to Boardwalk and did HS (held up there at security for about 40 minutes due to horrendous storm and no one being let into the park) then Epcot...it was at this stage I gave up and decided to drink round the world instead
... thanks! LOVE your drinking around the world plan if it goes wrong! I shall defo bare that in mind