Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 5 Jan 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

we used stay happy stay in love too for our wedding in oct 2016 at paradise cove couldn't recommend them and the venue enough they a lovely couple to deal with, Michael is a minister who marries you and his wife pat does all the planning they are british expats there website is a little dated but they are an elderly couple. I think our package cost us around $1200 that included venue,decoration and photographer.
Old 7 Jan 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

We just got married at Paradise Cove in December. Absolutely beautiful place. We went with the Romantic Day in Paradise package, which was $2100. We booked it directly through them. There are 3 photographers they tend to use, the ones that we have sent us every single photo taken (we had over 1900 photos! ), then you choose 20 you want for professional editing, but you get to keep all of them.

After the ceremony we went back to the villa and had a BBQ with our guests. Was really chilled and nice. We then spent the night at The Polynesian (friend booked it for us with her DVC points) and watched the fireworks from the beach there. Was the perfect end to a magical day.

Here is the link to the packages they do:

paradisecoveorlando/ceremony-only/
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post

that souds like s lovely day! Were pretty sure that we want paradise cove at this point and ive gotten in contact with paradise cove directly and a few different planners. only paradise cove and Brandee from elegant weddings of Orlando has replied back to us so far.

I think i have a need to fill out the day with activities to justify everyone coming so far in the wedding but maybe we just need to plan the ceremony and a nice meal for the evening. we are considering booking a nice meal for everyone at say disney springs or somewhere nice in orlando but im semi terrified at the potential cost for 15 people!

if everyone gets disney tickets (i hope they do!). im wondering whether a trip to one of the parks to see happily every after might be a good idea. i just dont know! :/

Thoughts on what you guys think would be greatly apreciated!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

We all stayed onsite and had the free Disney dining included so just headed down to Disney springs and had a meal at the boat house, then we finished the day off with a cruise on grand yacht 1 watching the fireworks from magic kingdom with a drink each in hand.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ialty-cruises/

Edited at 05:00 PM.
disney_daddy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tashifer View Post
that souds like s lovely day! Were pretty sure that we want paradise cove at this point and ive gotten in contact with paradise cove directly and a few different planners. only paradise cove and Brandee from elegant weddings of Orlando has replied back to us so far.

I think i have a need to fill out the day with activities to justify everyone coming so far in the wedding but maybe we just need to plan the ceremony and a nice meal for the evening. we are considering booking a nice meal for everyone at say disney springs or somewhere nice in orlando but im semi terrified at the potential cost for 15 people!

if everyone gets disney tickets (i hope they do!). im wondering whether a trip to one of the parks to see happily every after might be a good idea. i just dont know! :/

Thoughts on what you guys think would be greatly apreciated!
We were the ones that didn't have Disney Park tickets, probably about half our guests there were annual pass holders!

Just so you know, you can't wear anything that looks like a wedding dress in any of the parks, it's not allowed. You can wear them in the resort hotels and restaurants though.

I did initially look at booking a meal, but I'm vegetarian and really don't find the choice very good when eating out in Orlando. Was also a little worried about cost!

We did a big Walmart shop the day before, spent $300 but bought way too much food and alcohol, kept us going for the rest of the week and we took the leftover booze on our DCL cruise as well as leaving some for the cleaner!

Having the BBQ at the villa was actually really nice, we made a playlist on spotify which we played, but people just chatted, we got a friend to run the BBQ and it was a lovely way to spend a few hours before we headed off to The Polynesian.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Here are some pics from my recent wedding.

Old 7 Jan 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney_daddy View Post
We all stayed onsite and had the free Disney dining included so just headed down to Disney springs and had a meal at the boat house, then we finished the day off with a cruise on grand yacht 1 watching the fireworks from magic kingdom with a drink each in hand.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ialty-cruises/
your wedding day sounds like our idea of a perfect day! would you mind telling us a bit more about the timings of the day and the cruise you took? for example how much it cost? did you bring the drinks yourself? did you think it was worth it? if im clogging up this feed do you mind sending me the info in a dm or email? TIA!
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

your photos look amazing! it makes me so excited for paradise cove!

the idea of a bbq sunds lovely however due to the way its been booked/planned some of us will be staying onsite and some may be staying in a villa. Myself and the other half have booked 4 days in POFQ before joining my mum and dad in the dvc villa at old key west so may make it a bit awkward!
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
xmasinorlando
Excited about Disney

Orlando Wedding Paradise Cove :d:

Have just booked venue for Daughter - Current plan:
18 adults & 3 toddler boys, 1,2 & 3
Return Limo (for ladies) Windsor Hills - PC - S&D
Men in the 12 seater minibus with children (not told them that yet )
Paradise Cove 23rd December at 12.30
Swan & Dolphin -Cocktail reception & light snacks at Cabana Bar & Beach Club (Dolphin)
Check in to Swan Hotel (just DD & hubby at the moment)
5pm - Meal at Garden Grove at Swan (Character dining) - Mixed reviews so not 100% sure on this one.
7pm - Boat over to Epcott
Fireworks Dessert Party - (just DD & hubby at the moment) Hoping they replace current one when it finishes this summer
We will all stay in park until after fireworks and taxis back to Villa
Exciting times
Lovely Photos LadyShopper

Edited at 12:59 AM.
xmasinorlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by xmasinorlando View Post
Have just booked venue for Daughter - Current plan:
18 adults & 3 toddler boys, 1,2 & 3
Return Limo (for ladies) Windsor Hills - PC - S&D
Men in the 12 seater minibus with children (not told them that yet )
Paradise Cove 23rd December at 12.30
Swan & Dolphin -Cocktail reception & light snacks at Cabana Bar & Beach Club (Dolphin)
Check in to Swan Hotel (just DD & hubby at the moment)
5pm - Meal at Garden Grove at Swan (Character dining) - Mixed reviews so not 100% sure on this one.
7pm - Boat over to Epcott
Fireworks Dessert Party - (just DD & hubby at the moment) Hoping they replace current one when it finishes this summer
We will all stay in park until after fireworks and taxis back to Villa
Exciting times
Lovely Photos LadyShopper
that day sounds lovely. have you planned your dessert party with disney catering and events? did you have the $3000 dollar minimum spend. just trying to look into this if a cruise isnt an option!