Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Dress for a 12 year old girl

I posted last week/the week before asking advice on whether I should include my 12 year old sister in my bridal party (originally thinking she was too young). I made her a little proposal box that she received at the weekend and she is delighted and I'm now so happy that I asked her. (so thanks everyone who replied!)

Now comes the part where I need to find her a dress to wear. I've just ordered the dresses for the older ones (age 21+) but after speaking with my dad he has told me that she is either a children's age 12, or can sometimes wear a small woman's size. I don't live with her and so do not see her very often, so I'm having to do this while hoping for the best as I can't take her out shopping with me.

Does anyone have any recommendations on places I could look for a suitable formal dress for her? I think we're going to try to get her a size 6 of the dress the other's are wearing, but I think it's going to be too old for her shape wise, and so I'm starting to think elsewhere. The only other place I can think of is Monsoon but I would like a few choices. I'm on a budget of less than £100 as I have so many other bridesmaids, so preferably high street please

I'm in the wedding social group, but I figured I'd hopefully reach more people this way, and that there would be more people who have children/experience with clothing and this age group!?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Next have got dresses for a 12 year, not very expensive either. X
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
difficult to know without knowing the actual style

bdbuy/junior-bridesmaid-dresses/?p=2

johnlewis/browse/gif...maids/_/N-5pn7

also search for prom dressses?

Edited at 05:45 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Dorothy perkins, debenhams, asos, I ordered dresses from here for my bms 12 & 15
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

Monsoon have some lovely dresses other ideas would be next, debenhams or tk maxx all which do wedding/special occasion dresses which may work in with your bridemaids.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I posted the exact same question on here, and the fabuolous princessa (adele I think) sorted me out.

My niece is actually 10, but is in an age 12-13. My adult bridesmaid dresses were from phase 8, and started at an 8 I believe, but they were clearly meant for women, and I knew it wouldn't be a case of simply shortening, plus expensive.

I was directed to Roco clothing.

I gave my niece the option of a dress in the same colour as the grown ups

rococlothing/paisl...ress-victoria/

rococlothing/paisl...-dress-maggie/

Or an ivory dress (with a burgundy sash)

rococlothing/girls...-dress-violet/

There are loads of ivory to be fair

She chose the ivory, so I got a belt off etsy and it looks lovely...

I'm not sure what your colours are? but they are very affordable
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1108455
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

My 12 year old is in womens size 10 so may be worth getting her measurements. My daughter is tall and very slim.

Could her mum take her shopping and send photos from changing room. Or you look for dresses and she tries them on locally?
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Do you have an outlet village with a Monsoon anywhere near you. The Monsoon at Cheshire Oaks had loads of very small adult bridesmaid dresses in a couple of weeks ago. They were so cheap too. Failing that I would look at Next, Debenhams, Zara, M&S, John Lewis.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I work in an outlet store and we’ve recently got a monsoon department , the bridal department has some stunning pieces so I’d also recommend a monsoon outlet... my daughter has a couple of long maxi dresses from the child section of monsoon, they have some lovely dresses in the kids section too, my daughters 10 but needs 11/12 in monsoon as she’s very tall
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List