Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Apr 19, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Never been to a water park before. Some questions

As title says, I’ve never been to a water park before so really don’t know what to expect.
Do you travel in clothes and change when you’re there or wear a swimsuit under your clothes and just strip off.
Do you need to wear water shoes? My boys only have trainers with them. Are flip flops ok?

I’ve just been reading the post about lockers so I guess I can just put everything in there all day.

Has anyone used those waterproof pouches to put their phones in or are they not allowed?
Are there rides in water parks?

I’m a big lady and quite self conscious although I have been in the hotel pool with my boys so I think I’ll be ok. Is there anything I wouldn’t be able to do at the parks due to my size (22 😔 )

Still can’t decide which Disney water park to do, any recommendations? My kids are 20,16 and 14.

Think that’s all lol.
Thank you in advance x

Edited at 03:45 AM.
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Lots of very good points.

I tend to wear swimming trunks under my day clothes forvpsrk entry just to save time but there are changing facilities at both typhoon lagoon

We tend to prefer typhoon lagoon over blizzard beach because my son loves the wave pool.

I tend to wear trainers into the water park and then walk around without shoes on but the concrete can get hot.

We do make use of the lockers because it keeps clothes away from the samd which gets everywhere

Hope that helps

BB
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We always go to both as we love water parks. I would say if only going to one I feel like there are more rides at TL so that might be better for you.

Definitely wear swim stuff under your clothes so you aren’t wasting time getting changed.
I’m really fair so I wear a bikini top and rash vest with board shorts. Then just travel there in flip flops. Change of clothes in my bag.
You can wear water shoes you will just need to take them off for certain rides and carry them.

I don’t bother with a locker I just don’t take anything valuable with us. Plus there is always usually one of us staying at the lounger.

Get there about 20-30 min before rope drop. Fine a shady lounger get all the big rides done early. Then spend the rest of time in the lazy river and wave pool while people wait in line.
Crush and gusher are fab, do those first as the lines do big up on those.

There aren’t any weight/size restrictions. Size 22 isn’t that big you will be fine. If you feel a bit self conscious you could wear a t shirt over your costume. Loads of people do.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Are u there now?
Go 3 hours before it closes. So if it closes at 10 go 6/7.
Most people go 1st thing and after a few hours have had enough...
I change. Im a big girl too and walking around mk in a costume is not comfortable for the "girls" they need support.
Flip flops are good. But i burnt my feet last year so i have purchased water shoes. If u dont have them flip flops are fine!

Pay for a locker. For 10$ not worth having stuff stolen

Find a quiet changing room (at the back lol)

22 is not big in us. I was easily that size 1st visit. Be aware its hard work climbing up stairs with a buoy/float

Wiped me out.

If u plan to go more than once maybe buy 1 refillable mug. U get v thirsty going up and down all the time.
Hth
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

water shoes are nice as the floor (especially in wave pools) is a little like sandpaper to help grip, and the paths can be hot.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all for the replies. Think we'll go to typhoon lagoon.

Are you allowed to wear the waterproof pouches for phones or do I need to keep them locked away?
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Thanks all for the replies. Think we'll go to typhoon lagoon.

Are you allowed to wear the waterproof pouches for phones or do I need to keep them locked away?
I’ve seen people with the waterproof cases walking around the park, just not sure about them on the rides. Although I’m sure Tim Tracker takes his go pro on.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Picking up the point of the refillable mug these are a good deal. We have one or two. It's very easy to get dehydrated. One will be fine just leave it under a towel and keep topping up. Makes reasonable souvenir.

If staying in a villa do have a nose to see if any spares left in cupboards. We often leave ours. If you do find one (must be BB or TL ) then just borrow it and buy a sticker from the cart on the left hand side as you enter the park. You buy the mugs here too.

I wear t-shirts and board shorts over my Cossie there and spares Inc underwear in the bag in the locker. Personally I leave the phones in the locker.

Only thing parks not keen on you wearing is swimming costumes with metal bits on, like rivets or hoops or scratchy zips or something.

Water shoes are ok. We tend to just go in flippers and wince around the park.

Lots and lots of sunscreen. Enjoy.

If going to TL take walk to see shark reef n swim.

Edited at 04:26 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Go and enjoy yourself, it’s about fun and nobody cares about how you look. Mine all go and frolic in the waves and I sit in the shallow water and keep cool. I am so jealous I wish I was there today! xx
Have fun! X
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

While I can understand feeling anxious about weight etc, trust me, not only will you very likley not be the largest person in the park, but nobody will be looking at you, they will be too busy having fun!

It will be fine, go and have a great time !