Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Apr 15, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alp1972 View Post
I think I understand everything now apart from just to get it right in my head if I booked a FP for my husband and 12yrs old and I stayed with DD 3yrs ... although we get a rider switch to go back at some point ... how does that benefit you when booking your FP's if the 12yrs old wants to go on every ride as even if I booked another FP for the same hour would I not need to have one for her as well . if that makes sense ?
The 12 year old can ride with the non riding adult. The child swap ticket allows up to 3 guests
Old 8 Apr 15, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Correction. I see Disney have changed that down to 2. Non riding parent plus one other
Old 8 Apr 15, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

When we were there last Oct me and DH and DD7 all had tk have FP for the ride. We went to the queue, showed the CM the baby we had with us and were given 1 rider switch pass. After I had been in the ride with DD7 using our FP then hubby used his FP and also the rider switch ticket for DD7 and went on the ride. The rider switch ticket kind of acted as a FP ticket for DD so she got to ride twice. It was my understanding that you all need to have the FO booked otherwise this is a serious loophole in the system especially when in some parks there are tiers to the FP rides
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 15, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

We have just returned & I was able to take DD on ride whilst DH stayed with the younger ones. He either took them on a different ride or sat somewhere with them. I just asked for a rider switch at the entrance & only 2 CM asked where DH was, the others simply handed over the fastpass ticket to be used for up to 3 guests! DH was then able to go straight on the ride with DD through the fastpass queue. It was really easy. At Universal, everyone had to queue & wait in a rider switch area.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all your replies guys, there is obviously confusion and inconsistency, even from Disney CM's about how to implement the rider switch! I didn't realise that the child had to be too small to ride and not just scared! My youngest DS is 7, so I think we will play it safe and both me, DH and older DS will get fast passes for each ride. If we are allowed a rider switch that will be a bonus!
If anyone has more experience of the rider switch then please post an update.
Old 12 Apr 15, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Hiya, I too have searched the numerous forums and disney sites and noticed that people's experiences are very different. My 30 day window opened a few days ago and I've decided to play it safe and book fastpasses for everyone BUT I am going to test the system slightly and will happily come back and leave feedback on what happened on specific rides. If I'm finding that fastpass plus are not being checked for the waiting adult I will adjust the fastpasses for later in my holiday. For example I'm going to get a fastpass for me and my daughter for one of her rides (say magic carpets) and the rest of the adults fastpasses for big thunder - I'll take my daughter to big thunder first to see if we will get a rider swap ticket without me having a fastpass but if we don't it's no big deal. We're there for three weeks so I'm hoping its plenty of time to test the system!
Old 12 Apr 15, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bazinga82 View Post
Hiya, I too have searched the numerous forums and disney sites and noticed that people's experiences are very different. My 30 day window opened a few days ago and I've decided to play it safe and book fastpasses for everyone BUT I am going to test the system slightly and will happily come back and leave feedback on what happened on specific rides. If I'm finding that fastpass plus are not being checked for the waiting adult I will adjust the fastpasses for later in my holiday. For example I'm going to get a fastpass for me and my daughter for one of her rides (say magic carpets) and the rest of the adults fastpasses for big thunder - I'll take my daughter to big thunder first to see if we will get a rider swap ticket without me having a fastpass but if we don't it's no big deal. We're there for three weeks so I'm hoping its plenty of time to test the system!
Thanks for this, post back on this thread for any updates if possible, have a fab holiday!
Old 12 Apr 15, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bazinga82 View Post
This is exactly what i have in mind! So much uncertainty despite what people are saying they have experienced! Hopefully we can change it about a bit if it turns out we dont all need a fastpass!
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi we were in disney in July last year and only booked fast passes for 1 adult and 1 child then for the larger rides we just asked for rider swap at entrance recieved a ticket like a fastpass to return later using fastpass queue. We did only need fastpass for just the 1 adult and child. So yes we did split the fastpass selections when booking so that 2 top tier selections can be picked. Worked really well and meant as parents we could spend quality time with each child too without hanging about!
Old 12 Apr 15, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread