Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 Jun 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
manchesterguy19
I have Ears

Disney Bands

Hi all

Heading to disney in october, and its will be my first visit back there since 2014.

Anyhow when i last went there i was given a card for access to the parks and this time i want to purchase a band instead purely for ease.

Also where can i get a band from? Last time i seem to recall i got my card from a booth near epcot and then got the boat across to MK. Does this ring any bells with anyone?

118 days and counting
manchesterguy19 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Lots of places you can get a band from... the Disney shop at MCO, lots of places in Disney Springs and in the parks too.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Are you staying on or off site?
Griff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Welcome to the DIBB!

Originally Posted by manchesterguy19 View Post
Also where can i get a band from? Last time i seem to recall i got my card from a booth near epcot and then got the boat across to MK. Does this ring any bells with anyone?
Yes, that sounds like the Transport and Ticket Center at Disneyworld (or the TTC). You park there for Magic Kingdom and you also buy your tickets and get the ferry or monorail from there.

Just to clarify though...

You still have to buy tickets whatever you plan to use. You can't just buy MagicBands. The tickets can be e-tickets bought online from various places or actual plastic tickets bought from the ticket desks (like you did last time) or online. You link those tickets or e-tickets to your Disney account. Then you can buy a MagicBand and link that to the same account. It then allows you to use the MagicBand the same as you would a plastic ticket.

MagicBands cost from $15 each. This is in addition to the price of the ticket. You can buy MagicBands from most of the shops in the Disney parks and also in the Disney Store at the airport.

Edited to add: If you are staying onsite at a Disney hotel then you will receive MagicBands for free when you check in. These will automatically be linked to your account and reservation. So there's no need to buy them if you are staying at a Disney hotel.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:58 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
manchesterguy19
I have Ears

off site
manchesterguy19 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
manchesterguy19
I have Ears

Yes i know that ive ordered my tickets from attractions tickets. And the TTC does ring a bell now. Like i said last time when i took my purchased ticket information to the desk they gave me a card, but it was a pain, so will get a band from there this time.

Thanks
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

You won't get a band from the ticket desk. You need to buy them yourself either at the airport or shops once you're in the park.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you will first need to set up a mydisneyexperience account

then add the tickets on there

make FP+ selections and all

when you're in florida you can buy a magic band from the airport, or from a shop outside the parks (wouldn't be of any use getting them indise the parks if OP wants to avoid the fuss at the ticket booth ), and link the band to your mydisneyexperience, so you can use it to access tickets

you can also do as you did back then, and get a credit card sized ticket from a ticket booth
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The stores outside the parks that sell MagicBands include:

The Disney Store at Orlando International airport,
The World of Disney store at Disney Springs,
The Character Warehouse discount store in the Premium Outlet malls on international Drive.

That’s if you want to get the Magicbands before you enter a park.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Can I ask, are you able to set up the account before the holiday and then select fast passes?- then upon arrival buy magic bands and link to the account?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List