Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
That is a big change in 5 months - they look great!

I’m thinking of getting Invisalign at the moment. Have a complicated mouth to say the least and was told a few years ago that I wouldn’t be a suitable candidate for orthodontics. But apparently there have been developments in orthodontics that now make it possible so am now in the middle of trying to decide if I can justify the cost.
I’ve been quoted €3,600 - which is approx £3,200 by my DS’s ortho - special deal because DS is already receiving treatment from him.
It is alot of money and a big commitment but I'm sure its worth it, not only for confidence reasons but for future dental health, already I can clean and floss my teeth so much easier, I didn't realise how my crooked teeth were stopping me from getting to clean parts of them which would have ended up with them getting cavities and costing money in old age.
It's a big decision though x
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda

Mobile

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
I’ve got my clin check appointment a week on Monday. Finally taken the plunge at 31. I can’t wait to have them and get on with it all!
So exciting! Hope you let us know how you get on x
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ashilda View Post
So exciting! Hope you let us know how you get on x
I had my clincheck appointment last Monday, to say I was blown away is an understatement.

I have a complicated case, the lady doing mine had been open that mine is the most complicated case she’s ever done and is being supported on it by an expert.

My teeth moved a lot during my pregnancy with my son in 2010 and also suffered a lot of decline in strength. Add to this I have an extremely narrow mouth to the extent it almost cut my lips to do the impressions and I didn’t think this would be possible for me ever!

My treatment starts on 19th August and initially they are doing 22 weeks to see where we get too and I will have new impressions and a further 6 months before we review again, it is expected to take around 2years to achieve the end result and I am so excited to finally take the plunge at 31!
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda

Mobile

I had my clincheck appointment last Monday, to say I was blown away is an understatement.

I have a complicated case, the lady doing mine had been open that mine is the most complicated case she’s ever done and is being supported on it by an expert.

My teeth moved a lot during my pregnancy with my son in 2010 and also suffered a lot of decline in strength. Add to this I have an extremely narrow mouth to the extent it almost cut my lips to do the impressions and I didn’t think this would be possible for me ever!

My treatment starts on 19th August and initially they are doing 22 weeks to see where we get too and I will have new impressions and a further 6 months before we review again, it is expected to take around 2years to achieve the end result and I am so excited to finally take the plunge at 31!
Glad you went for it! I'm sure you wont regret it, it will be life changing and worth all the hassle.
I think my treatment time will be around 2 yrs too, I'm already over 5mths in and on tray 18, it has gone so quick and I can really see changes.
If you are on Facebook then follow the invisalign groups, I had so many questions or things I wasnt 100% sure on when I first started but I got so many answers just by reading through posts, also seeing peoples progress spurs you on.
I'll be away when you get started so I'll say good luck now! First few days are tough but stick at it as it really does get so much easier x
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you so much!
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

I’ve got my clincheck appointment on the 13th August - I’m 49 so am rather late taking the plunge but have always hated my teeth. Better late than never. 😉
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I had the standard train tracks and I think it cost be about 3 1/2k and in all honesty I wish I had gone for the invisilign. I know someone who has had them recently and they have been amazing! I had mine about 3 years or even longer and it’s not fun, they are very unsightly. I was in my early to mid 40s and felt very self conscious. I ended up losing a tooth as my gums receded with having the brace and now I have a false tooth!
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I’ve got my clincheck appointment on the 13th August - I’m 49 so am rather late taking the plunge but have always hated my teeth. Better late than never. 😉
How exciting! Good for you for taking the plunge.
The clincheck is amazing, I came out grinning after it and really excited.

Let us know how you get on?
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Can anyone advise if you talk weird or have a lisp with these? Are they really noticeable? I’m goingfor a consultation next month but just imagine having plastic covering your teeth looks horrendous!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had mine fitted yesterday, there is a very slight lisp which is going already as I get used to them.

As for the plastic looking horrendous, no one at work can even see them! People keep asking if they’re actually in there or not! You change them weekly so at least they don’t get discoloured as long as you keep them clean.

So far so good for me, I have some slight pain which is mainly when taking them in and out due to the pressure but it soon wears off.