Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
I had mine fitted yesterday, there is a very slight lisp which is going already as I get used to them.

As for the plastic looking horrendous, no one at work can even see them! People keep asking if they’re actually in there or not! You change them weekly so at least they don’t get discoloured as long as you keep them clean.

So far so good for me, I have some slight pain which is mainly when taking them in and out due to the pressure but it soon wears off.
Thanks for replying. I’ve never seen them in real life so just can’t imagine it! If people can’t notice then that’s brilliant, you’ve put my mind at ease a bit.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Thanks for replying. I’ve never seen them in real life so just can’t imagine it! If people can’t notice then that’s brilliant, you’ve put my mind at ease a bit.
I’m glad, I can hardly see them myself, only if I get right up to the mirror and bare my teeth and I try not to do that too much in real life so I think it’s ok 😂
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I have power ridges on my invisalign on 6 of my front teeth and still nobody notices unless they are very close to me or I tell them!
They are almost invisible and considering the alternative is metal braces which are obviously very noticeable I'd say it's the best option if you are self conscious at all.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ashilda View Post
I have power ridges on my invisalign on 6 of my front teeth and still nobody notices unless they are very close to me or I tell them!
They are almost invisible and considering the alternative is metal braces which are obviously very noticeable I'd say it's the best option if you are self conscious at all.
Great, I’m glad you’re so pleased with them! Can’t wait for my consultation now!
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Can anyone advise if you talk weird or have a lisp with these? Are they really noticeable? I’m goingfor a consultation next month but just imagine having plastic covering your teeth looks horrendous!
Yes I spoke with a lisp, it got better the more my mouth got used to them but I still had a slight lisp. Well worth it though, I had mine for 14 weeks and finished them last month, so happy with the result.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Can anyone advise if you talk weird or have a lisp with these? Are they really noticeable? I’m goingfor a consultation next month but just imagine having plastic covering your teeth looks horrendous!
I've had Invisalign for a few months now.

Of the people who actually mentioned the Invisalign, one was someone who knew I was getting Invisalign, another was someone who said she had been thinking about Invisalign, and another was someone who had braces before. Few people have actually commented on them and my sister mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she couldn't see them at all!

Lisp - a little bit, nothing major or noticeable. Was probably worst in the first week of Invisalign then got better afterwards!

Will say that the first week of Invisalign was definitely the worst as I needed to get used to having the trays in, needed to learn how to remove the trays (terribly hard in the first week - now it's so easy and second nature that it only takes me a few seconds to pop them out), and needed to get used to a whole new tooth cleaning routine! Definitely had a few regrets that first week. It's so much better now that I've gotten used to the whole rigmarole though and no regrets anymore!
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I've had Invisalign for a few months now.

Of the people who actually mentioned the Invisalign, one was someone who knew I was getting Invisalign, another was someone who said she had been thinking about Invisalign, and another was someone who had braces before. Few people have actually commented on them and my sister mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she couldn't see them at all!

Lisp - a little bit, nothing major or noticeable. Was probably worst in the first week of Invisalign then got better afterwards!

Will say that the first week of Invisalign was definitely the worst as I needed to get used to having the trays in, needed to learn how to remove the trays (terribly hard in the first week - now it's so easy and second nature that it only takes me a few seconds to pop them out), and needed to get used to a whole new tooth cleaning routine! Definitely had a few regrets that first week. It's so much better now that I've gotten used to the whole rigmarole though and no regrets anymore!
Yep! I felt exactly the same the first week, I thought what have I done 😩 especially after they polished in between my teeth and made me horrifically gappy! 😩 but it was definitely worth it in fine end! Just need to get used to smiling with my teeth now lol.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Yep! I felt exactly the same the first week, I thought what have I done 😩 especially after they polished in between my teeth and made me horrifically gappy! 😩 but it was definitely worth it in fine end! Just need to get used to smiling with my teeth now lol.
Oh no do they do that? I don’t want gaps 😱
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh no do they do that? I don’t want gaps 😱
Yeah, I could have cried when I saw them, but I may be slightly dramatic lol. The gaps closed up really quickly, only a couple of weeks I’d say. I’m not sure if everyone has to have the gaps put in but both my friends who had Invisalign also had them.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Yeah, I could have cried when I saw them, but I may be slightly dramatic lol. The gaps closed up really quickly, only a couple of weeks I’d say. I’m not sure if everyone has to have the gaps put in but both my friends who had Invisalign also had them.
I guess it makes room for them to move where they need to move to. I’m so glad you mentioned it as I am also dramatic so probably would cry! 🤣