Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Who would you book with and why 2022

Looking to go in 2022 now and wondering if anybody is booking this far ahead. I’m also wondering who you have booked with and also who you will book with and why. Thanks for any help. This is for Disney.
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

I would always recommend Everafterholidays for any Disney/ Orlando related trip. We are booked with them for next year ( originally this year &#128553. Their customer service is second to none. I’m sure other dibbers will be along shortly to confirm this also! It’s worth looking them up ion FB. I seem to recall them saying that they will be offering 2022 bookingS at the end of this year but could be wrong.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

2022? Won't be booking until 2021.

Fly 90% with BA and 10% Virgin, BA is 355 days, Virgin is a few days later. BA usually wins out price wise anyway.

Accommodation will be with our DVC points, so 11 months out. If I was looking for a villa then I'd be looking around 12 months out BUT it would be with someone who offered a 100% refund policy up to about 30 days out. Homeaway/VRBO/AirBnb would be my choice.

Tickets - no problem at any time of the year so not a consideration.

Booking through a TA? No chance. Booking through some other dodgy 3rd party? No chance.

Flights is the biggest variable when booking, direct with BA is usually the cheapest/safest for us (alway book as a package with a car so we only pay the deposit).
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I would not consider booking for 2022 at this point with so much uncertainty around business sustainability and travel.

Is there a reason you want to book so far in advance Margaret?
Old 15 Aug 20, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post

We have decided we will do no holidays or last minute only holidays for the next year or two. I have some things booked for next year, but we are thinking of cancelling as it feels too uncertain.

In normal circumstances, I would not even be thinking of booking a 2022 holiday just yet, as flights and hotels are not released any pricing will be guesswork. I would wait for flights to be released and then start looking at around eleven months out, we would book with BA. For WDW resort booking, in normal circumstances, I would wait and see if there is free dining and book directly with WDTC so from April of the year before travel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I certainly would not be thinking about 2022 yet, everything is too uncertain and certainly some businesses that are here now will not be in 2022.

So if you choose to book anything make sure all the money you put in is 100% refundable or that you can afford to lose it all.

We are thinking about things for 2021, but ,I will pay the minimum, they will not be expensive. Will be fully refundable and will not take lots of planning.

Flights will be with BA, they will be avios flights so minimal cost, £70 if we choose to cancel right up to 24 hours of flights

I do not want to feel heavily mentally invested in holidays at the moment.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are thinking about 2022 and will hopefully be booking in April of next year. I’m praying for a free dining offer!

We usually book with Disney direct or with Orlando Attractions. Flights will have to be VA for us as they’re the only airline that fly direct into Orlando International from Manchester. That said depending on prices, we might have to consider going indirect. I’ve actually already reserved rooms at Universal with Travel Republic as these were on a very low deposit and are on free cancellation.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I think I’m just trying to keep positive and have something, to look forward to. I understand all your comments and probably won’t book until April next year and keep saving, but it’s nice also to see what kind of prices TA are giving.
Old 15 Aug 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Ever after as if there is a problem there is a single point of contact. Booked for Dec 2021. It may still be a risk but paid a deposit not due until 12 weeks before departure so should have a better idea of what's going on by then. Worst case scenario I've lost a £200 deposit but if you can't travel I should be able to move it.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
I think I’m just trying to keep positive and have something, to look forward to. I understand all your comments and probably won’t book until April next year and keep saving, but it’s nice also to see what kind of prices TA are giving.
I’m keeping all my fingers crossed that I will be able to travel next summer. I’ve had to move a few non refundable hotels and I’m trying to stay positive.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with putting tentative plans in place and checking out prices. You’ll probably find the prices are not that reliable this far out though and wouldn’t book anything yet even if you were able.

I’ve always been a DIY person when it comes to booking holidays but this has caused me so much stress having to cancel/rearrange/get refunds for the various different elements of our trip that in the future I’m thinking I might be more inclined to book last minute packages.

BA were very good during this plus I got a great deal on flights. I’d definitely consider looking at them. Virgin were very dear in comparison.

Have fun planning your trip OP. I’ve begun planning a California trip and I have no idea when I’ll ever get there. Doesn’t mean I can’t have fun dreaming in the mean time.😊
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List