Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 13, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
I had thought of that as we had so many CS credits left this year. However, the logistics of it didn't suit us as we wanted to go to HS for the day. Instead we ate at the Outback at MCO. The food was yummy and so inexpensive as well. If you do want to take the sandwiches with you, you should have no problem taking it through security.

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Becciw2011 View Post
I have never been able to take any food through security at MCO, can buy once the other side .
I've never had a problem bringing food through security in any airport, we always bring something home with us as the kids won't eat what the airline attempts to pass off as food.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mayo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
What a brilliant idea - why have I never thought of it before! Do you all buy your sandwiches last thing before heading to the airport or how do you keep them fresh in the heat?
We bought Publix sandwiches and had them no problem. Got them on way to airport. Car was air conditioned and straight to MCO 😢.
Mayo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
We bought Publix sandwiches and had them no problem. Got them on way to airport. Car was air conditioned and straight to MCO 😢.
Thank you! See you have a new countdown
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Never had problems with taking food through as long as it's dry. I'd rather have a sandwich than the usual "breakfast" offering that you get on BA.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

How are you keeping these sandwiches fresh? And do they serve cold sandwiches at EoS as can only see hot sandwich menu. We tried this last year with a sandwich fresh from our QS place by the time we got to MCO it was wet and mushy! Tips on how to keep it ok please!
Wishing
Old 3 Nov 13, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by wishing View Post
How are you keeping these sandwiches fresh? And do they serve cold sandwiches at EoS as can only see hot sandwich menu. We tried this last year with a sandwich fresh from our QS place by the time we got to MCO it was wet and mushy! Tips on how to keep it ok please!
Wishing
We bought one from the airport. It was from a deli place by the gate and they made them fresh to order. It was about $7 for a decent sized ciabatta type roll, so probably a little more expensive than from Publix or somewhere similar, but easily kept cool enough in a bag with a bottle of chilled water until we were ready to eat it.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Interestingly, on out US Airways flight to PHL last Saturday - All food and drinks were being taken from passengers as they boarded the flight.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Interestingly, on out US Airways flight to PHL last Saturday - All food and drinks were being taken from passengers as they boarded the flight.
That's very odd. Did they say why?
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Our sandwiches were the hot ones from EoS but they tasted fine! I ate half on the Magical Express and we just had the other two warmed in the oven for lunch! I guess the one I ate on ME was a bit mushy but it tasted so good I really didn't care!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread