Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 13, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Tip - save your Walmart bags! They always give you loads and we used ours for our rubbish!
Re the washing - sometimes a villa owner will have a washing line in the garage because not everything will dry in the dryer without going two sizes smaller! This time we didn't have a garage and so we just became a little inventive with spare hangers. There is always loads of space in villas and condos that there will be some place for you to hang stuff if you need it to dry. However - the weather out there often means that you will dry in minutes or get wet in minutes!
The chore in my mind is making sure you have put everything back in its place and left the villa clean - I never like to leave a place without doing this. When I get to this point I feel really miserable because that's when I know I have to leave.
Old 6 Nov 13, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for posting OP, I hadn't even thought about emptying bins and bin collection days for next year. We have stayed in a condo once and we just went and put the rubbish down the chute as we passed on the way to/from the car etc.

Guess there might be more chores to do than I had already sussed, I know lots of you are villa fans, but so far I'm still not convinced, we're only staying in a townhouse next year for budgetary reasons as we want to go for an extended trip. On the subject of chores, best go throw some laundry in at home!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 13, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

Thanks for extra replies, I didn't know about a mid stay clean that sounds like the way to go! really do think it will be great to have all this space the decision to try a villa came from staying for 3 weeks all in one room we are a family of 5 it was sometimes claustrophobic! Like the idea of spending some downtime round pool and just the thought of our own pool!
Old 6 Nov 13, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's the first time in a villa for us too I'm so excited about our own space with our own pool and hot tub! I doubt we will do Florida hotels again after this!

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 13, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh villa every time for us... 👍
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 13, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
You will never get tired of the space in a villa, can't believe we used to stay in hotels now
Have fun
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 13, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread