Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 13, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
wishing
Earning More Ears

Villa Chores!

Hi first post!
This is our first time going to a villa and reading through previous posts I see mentions of tasks I never even thought of when it comes to a villa. Such as bins how do you know when to take them out do you get in to trouble for putting out on wrong day/time? How do you find out such villa rules? Another one is washing I heard you can't line dry or make it visible. Help with how do you find out what to do and any more tasks I hadn't thought of related to villa stays appreciated!
Wishing
Old 3 Nov 13, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Don't panic- it all becomes clear when you are there.

There will be a book of useful information left on the side for you which gives you information about useful telephone numbers, bin days, general instructions and tips on where to visit etc.

Usually everything goes in the tumble drier- sometimes there is a line inside the garage area, if its not able to go in the tumble drier.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There will usually be a book/ring binder in coffee table or somewhere obvious with all relevant instructions.
For drying use the tumble dryer, we also had pull out line inside the garage.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Most Villas have a manual in them with all sorts of information as well as the information the owner will send as a matter of course.Take the time to read the instructions in the Villa ..it will save you a lot of hassle during your stay.We provide a comprehensive manual with details of washing machine operation,alarm,garbage disposal,bin days recycling, local restaurants ,emergency phone numbers etc and most responsible owners will do the same.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Just ask the owner if you can, he will give you all the answers to your questions.

As others have said there should be a manual in the villa , just make sure you read it, many people do not give it a glance and yet it is there to make your stay in the villa worry free.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
as said above there will be a welcome folder with lots of information regarding HOA rules on bins and when to put them out and when to bring them back ..

we tumble everything, there is usually an air dry cold setting for anything that doesn't like heat

there will also be useful numbers in there ooh management number for emergencies etc and what to do if there is a tornado warning etc ..

all the info will be in the folder

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bolton
slightly serious Dibber

We have a folder with details in explaining some of the rules which need to be followed. use the dryer for the clothes although we have a retractable line in the garage and a clothes airer.
bolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Hi and welcome to the Dibb

We have the details in our welcome manual which is full of lots of information to help you with your stay, it is very easy and you are going to love staying in a villa.

As well as a big dryer we have 2 airers which can be used inside or outside. I like things to dry outside

Have a great holiday

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Not to worry, as others said it will all be outlined in the manual. We have a drying rack and a rack above the washer and dryer where guests can hang some of their more delicate items. I am sure they will have some facility to hang some things if you desire. It is best just to put towels in the dryer. Relax and enjoy yourself!

Sandy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 13, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As said , it is all so easy
There will be a folder there with all the info
If you are not sure of anythng just ring the manco (number will be in folder) and they are there to help you
Please do read the folder , since they usually have lots of info you may not even have thought of ..like using the waste disposal in the sink
We also have a folder "Parks and Beyond"
there is no dust the clean air ( no pollutopn) and Ac take care of that
I always find the household tasks so much easier in Florida...dishes in the dishwaser , clothes in the machine and then in the drier or on the airer...I really do not know why , cos I have all thses things at home ..perhaps it is just the sun and the feel good factor!
It is honsestly a dream!

The ususal everyday tasks are so easy ..
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!

Edited at 07:59 PM.
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread