Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Mar 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

We recently did both. Either is a great choice really but if we had to pick only one to return to then we would go to HRH.

We thought it seemed so much closer to walk back and for to the parks. RPR was such a drag walking back after a day in the parks esp when the boats had huge lines to get on.
We had Club level as someone earlier mentioned getting. This was great tbh and with the passes it was so relaxed. It was so easy to nip out of the park to the hotel to get refreshed and refuelled then back to the parks. RPR we found was a pain to do this though and that's what edged HRH choice.

Club level on both was great and couldn't really put one above the other.

Both hotels are fab and pools, grounds etc are lovely. RPR seemed a bigger resort and more spread out.

Parking on both was very similar. We turned up outside main entrance, dumped the bags and everyone whilst i parked the car.

We checked in early at both hotels to maximise use of passes. RPR room wasn't ready so stored our bags which was great. HRH room was ready so it was bags straight up which was a bonus. But that could have gone the other way round tbh.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
The way to look at Club is this.
Breakfast is basic, but included and close to your room. How much are 4 breakfasts going to cost in that area?

Lunch snacks are basic, crisps and stuff.

Evening is a snack such as pasta, but with free wine and beer.

My boys hoover up soda in a hot theme park.. we would take a couple of cans each at breakfast, lunch and evening, into the park. How much has that saved.

On top of this, the club lounge is a cool, spacious oasis and much preferable during the day to chilling in your room.

If wise, you get 2 full days of all of the above. Our only expenditure was one evening meal in Margaritaville. Not bad over a 2 day visit to the Universal empire.

Suddenly club level looks an absolute bargain, even at £110 (we paid £68).
Spot on. We didn't think we would use it much but now we would advise everyone to use it.
The free drinks alone are worth it.

And then the alcohol We aren't big drinkers but it was lovely having the drinks and chilling out.

The kids were a bit whingy about the food but i thought it was great. One night they had these mini hot dogs. Lush and i didn't need to eat until breakfast
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

RPR is a great choice - prefer it to Hard Rock but only slightly as both are excellent.

Just to throw it in there, Portofino is better than both in my opinion.

For one night i would always choose the cheapest. All are great and you will be in the parks most of the time anyway
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List