Old 17 Mar 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
The Best Day Ever

March 12th -15th 2020.Our 1st visit to DLP,7 of us me,DH, DD x2 ,DD BF x2 and DD BF Mom.So we were unsure whether we would make our 3 night stay to DLP with everything that was going on with the Coronavirus and it kind of knocked the excitement out of us, we didn’t even pack until the night before but bright and early on Thursday 12th March we were on the coach on our way the mood had changed all 7 of us had a smile on our faces. It was a long trip a ferry from the IOW drive to Folkestone onto the Eurotunnel (the place was deserted) then the drive to DLP itself. We made it . We stayed at the Santa Fe hotel and loved the theming of the rooms which we actually spent little time in, we grabbed a kettle for drinks and porridge for breakfast. With much uncertainty we were informed that luckily for us the parks were scheduled to close on Sunday 15th the day we were due to go home. We made our way to the Disney Village walking along the lovely river walk. The Newport hotel looked lovely all lit up and the new hotel looks impressive. We had a wander around some of the shops then decided to eat in Planet Hollywood. There were still quite a few people about although I suspect it is usually a lot busier. We only had a short wait before we were seated we all had an enjoyable meal washed down by several cocktails the atmosphere was good. Then our lovely server decided to nominate us as “Guests of the Evening” all the servers came along clapping with a huge sharing desert with a sparkler well we weren’t expecting that so a nice end to the evening. We had a wander around a few more shops before a slow stroll back to the hotel, it’s been a long day. We grabbed a hot chocolate each using our room key 😊.

Our plan was Disneyland Park on day 1,Studios on day 2 and so glad we decided this . We were up and ready early to do the magic hours but due to the numbers in the park it didn’t make a lot of difference. It was a beautiful sunny day we were blessed with the weather. Unfortunately all shows, parades and the illuminations were cancelled during our stay so we decided we had to make the best of what was available ,our plan was to do every ride in the park that was open so with quite small queues which was to our advantage we managed to achieve it.Well we had a brilliant time and actually preferred some of the rides to Florida 😋😋. I even rode Hyperspace Mountain and the Temple of Peril both twice 😮😮 I never normally go on rides that go upside down but I loved them. We met a few characters and like the title said had the best day ever. We got some great photos with the crowds been so low and all cast members were lovely. There was an abundance of hand sanitizers around the whole of the parks,hotels,Disney Village everyone’s well being for foremost. The park closed at 7.30pm so with no restaurant booking we decided to leave at 7pm before everyone else. We had a lovely dinner in the Steakhouse well worth the money 43 euro and 55 euro for a 3 course set menu washed down with a few beers and wine 😊😊 . 3 of the party decided to call it a day but being the party animals that we are decided to go for cocktails in Billy Bobs so glad we did as had an amazing night there was a live band on called Joke Box who were brilliant so we danced, sang, drank and just had such a fun time. We were last to leave and finally made it back to the room about 1am taking photos along the way. I got my stuff ready for Studios had just got into bed when there was a knock on the door my DD with the news the parks were closed so no Studios for us . I felt so sorry for all the people who had gone to bed and had this to wake up to. So we never made it to Studios but were so grateful for the time we did have hence the title.

So the next morning we had to break the news to the rest of the party and was unsure what would happen as we weren’t due home until Sunday. The coach company contacted us to say they were trying to rearrange the Eurotunnel and ferry booking to Saturday so we had to hang around a bit until this was sorted but by 12 pm we were all on the coach homeward bound. The mood of everyone was a bit quiet we had 1 good day but 2 long days travelling, we were lucky to get that and the travel company are seeking compensation for the unused ticket and 1 night hotel room.

So that’s our trip it seems a bit surreal like it didn’t happen a dream over so quick but our plan is to return at some stage when things hopefully get back to normal. Disney Magic will return I’m sure.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm so sorry that your visit was cut short, but I'm glad you got to experience Disneyland Park and managed to ride everything that was open.
Fingers crossed that you get to return one day.
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List