Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Mar 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It’s not totally unreasonable, I know that some others have been more flexible but perhaps they can better afford to be. I would take the hit and lose the deposit if my balance was due today and with the uncertainty we currently have.
But surely if balance is paid and flights cancelled then it would end in a full refund anyway?
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KUEFC View Post
But surely if balance is paid and flights cancelled then it would end in a full refund anyway?
I haven’t said otherwise. I was commenting on whether I would pay a balance today. No I would not, I’d rather keep my money and have certainty.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillywhite
Earning My Ears

An update. Kenwood has offered (and we have accepted) a credit note representing our deposit for a future trip to be used by December 2021... "if this amount is not used by this date we will issue you a cancelation invoice and you can then proceed to claim this money back from your personal insurance".

I think that is fair and reasonable. Well done Kenwood Travel.

86 off-site, 91 Swan, 94 DL, 99 ASMusic (Calypso), 01 CBR, 04 ASMovies (Toy Story), 07 POFQ, 09 CSR, 13 PORS, 16 CSR, 22 POFQ.
Lillywhite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Thats Rubbish

There should be some flexibilty on balances deposits that are due 3 months before Travel especially if they are not including Travel Dates in their flexibility rules.

I booked with BA and they have told me that my balance date will be changed to 3 weeks before Travel.

That at least allows me to wait it all out a bit longer before deciding to cancel
Old 27 Mar 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Lillywhite View Post
An update. Kenwood has offered (and we have accepted) a credit note representing our deposit for a future trip to be used by December 2021... "if this amount is not used by this date we will issue you a cancelation invoice and you can then proceed to claim this money back from your personal insurance".

I think that is fair and reasonable. Well done Kenwood Travel.
I agree seems like a fair compromise. We have booked with Kenwood and due to travel in September so very much in the wait and see what happens camp. But I would be happy with this offer if it what it comes round too.
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

But what if they go bust and you have a credit note?
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lillywhite
Earning My Ears

I agree that is a risk. Many, many businesses will not survive the next 12 months. In that instance I will endeavour to claim from my travel insurance / credit card.

86 off-site, 91 Swan, 94 DL, 99 ASMusic (Calypso), 01 CBR, 04 ASMovies (Toy Story), 07 POFQ, 09 CSR, 13 PORS, 16 CSR, 22 POFQ.
Lillywhite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List