Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Mar 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Disney Tickets through Virgin - how early can you link them to your account?

Hi

I don't know if I've made a massive error but I booked a package with Virgin as they offered what I felt was a good price - flights, accommodation and Disney Tickets. However kids were really keen to spend one night in the Art of Animation resort so during our stay I booked us one night there direct with Disney.

Obviously for those 2 days we have the option of booking our fast passes at 60 days out which I would like to use if possible but Virgin are saying they can't give me the confirmation code for our tickets until 30 days out. I know if you book an onsite stay with Virgin its just your reference number that links the tickets but that's not the case if you are staying offsite.

Has anyone had any luck getting there Disney ref off Virgin before the 30 day mark? Or am I better off giving up the idea of 60 day fast passes

Thanks in advance
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Hi

I don't know if I've made a massive error but I booked a package with Virgin as they offered what I felt was a good price - flights, accommodation and Disney Tickets. However kids were really keen to spend one night in the Art of Animation resort so during our stay I booked us one night there direct with Disney.

Obviously for those 2 days we have the option of booking our fast passes at 60 days out which I would like to use if possible but Virgin are saying they can't give me the confirmation code for our tickets until 30 days out. I know if you book an onsite stay with Virgin its just your reference number that links the tickets but that's not the case if you are staying offsite.

Has anyone had any luck getting there Disney ref off Virgin before the 30 day mark? Or am I better off giving up the idea of 60 day fast passes

Thanks in advance
I have been advised that my VH rep will have reference 32 days in advance!
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

We booked our last trip with VH. We had onsite hotel and managed to book fast passes from 60 days out.

I'll admit, it was a real struggle with VH at the time (2014) because the new FP+ system had only just come into place. VH were insisting that they couldn't link tickets until 30 days out and Disney were saying it was a doddle to do there and then. All Disney need is your reference code for your hotel booking/tickets.

So, 6 years later it appears that VH STILL don't know how this should work ?
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Supersofe
Trying for More Ears

Hiya, we had exactly this issue with VH.

We booked the majority of our holiday (incl tickets with them) but also had part of our stay on site by renting DVC points which we obviously booked separately.

Virgin told us that we would not be able to get the code for MDE until 32 days before our holiday date. I explained multiple times that we needed them earlier to book the Fast passes at 60 days but they insisted this wouldn't work (they claimed that we wouldn't be able to book fast passes at 60 days unless we bought our tickets with our Disney Hotel. I know this is not true as I have done similar previously).

In the end we removed the tickets from our Virgin holiday package. They tried to charge us a cancellation fee but we told them we weren't paying this as it was not clear at purchase that we wouldn't get the code immediately. They agreed to this cancelled the tickets and reduced the amount due for our holiday.

Bought tickets elsewhere (got a bargain through Klook so ended up cheaper in the end)

I hope this helps?
Supersofe is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Thank you so much for all your replies - I had a feeling this might be the case. Once I have paid for the tickets in full I find it ridiculous they can't provide a reference number like every other company seems to be able too!

Originally Posted by Supersofe View Post

We booked the majority of our holiday (incl tickets with them) but also had part of our stay on site by renting DVC points which we obviously booked separately.

Virgin told us that we would not be able to get the code for MDE until 32 days before our holiday date. I explained multiple times that we needed them earlier to book the Fast passes at 60 days but they insisted this wouldn't work (they claimed that we wouldn't be able to book fast passes at 60 days unless we bought our tickets with our Disney Hotel. I know this is not true as I have done similar previously).

In the end we removed the tickets from our Virgin holiday package. They tried to charge us a cancellation fee but we told them we weren't paying this as it was not clear at purchase that we wouldn't get the code immediately. They agreed to this cancelled the tickets and reduced the amount due for our holiday.

Bought tickets elsewhere (got a bargain through Klook so ended up cheaper in the end)

I hope this helps?
Thank you - it does I feared that might be the case so I have also now cancelled my tickets with them - although waiting for the confirmation to come through that it has been done. They are losing ticket revenue by not providing confirmation numbers earlier so I'm surprised they haven't changed it!

I was planning on booking direct with WDW to save this hassle again but may take a look at klook now!
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

I hope this helps?
Shocking that the self-proclaimed "Disney Experts" are still getting this wrong after all this time
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Supersofe
Trying for More Ears

Thank you so much for all your replies - I had a feeling this might be the case. Once I have paid for the tickets in full I find it ridiculous they can't provide a reference number like every other company seems to be able too!

Thank you - it does I feared that might be the case so I have also now cancelled my tickets with them - although waiting for the confirmation to come through that it has been done. They are losing ticket revenue by not providing confirmation numbers earlier so I'm surprised they haven't changed it!

I was planning on booking direct with WDW to save this hassle again but may take a look at klook now!
I know! We even said this to them on the phone- that they would rather lose all that money that just give us the code which we have already paid for?!

Hope you manage to find some elsewhere and enjoy your holiday
Supersofe is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink86
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi

Thanks in advance
We had exactly the same situation as you - one night onsite 13 off site, all booked through Virgin apart from the one night.
Virgin told us the same as you, and we wouldn’t be able to get the 60 day fast passes.
Like a PP has said, we cancelled our tickets with virgin, contested the fee and they took them off free of charge. We brought them from Disney direct to make sure we got the reservation number ASAP. Was in an email within 48 hours and linked within minutes.
Hope that helps!
Old 4 Mar 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DonnyDuck View Post
Shocking that the self-proclaimed "Disney Experts" are still getting this wrong after all this time
They obviously haven’t learnt!

I know! We even said this to them on the phone- that they would rather lose all that money that just give us the code which we have already paid for?!

Hope you manage to find some elsewhere and enjoy your holiday
It just doesn’t make sense does it! Thank you

Originally Posted by Tink86 View Post
We had exactly the same situation as you - one night onsite 13 off site, all booked through Virgin apart from the one night.
Virgin told us the same as you, and we wouldn’t be able to get the 60 day fast passes.
Like a PP has said, we cancelled our tickets with virgin, contested the fee and they took them off free of charge. We brought them from Disney direct to make sure we got the reservation number ASAP. Was in an email within 48 hours and linked within minutes.
Hope that helps!
Thank you - good to know I have done the right thing by cancelling the tickets (if they ever send me confirmation of this )