Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Mar 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Percy77
Getting to know the DIBB

Collecting Universal Annual Pass and Express Pass

Wondering if anyone can help, we are staying at Portofino Bay Hotel shortly, we've purchased Annual Passes from the Universal website but won't have picked them up when we check in early at the Hotel. Do we need the Annual Passes to collect the Express Passes? Also will we need to show the Annual Pass on check in, as we have booked an Annual Pass Holder rate?

Thanks.
Percy77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
geewhiz
slightly serious Dibber

geewhiz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Your room keys are your express passes so no problem there but I’d assume they would want to see your annual pass or at least a receipt to confirm the cheaper rate.
geewhiz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t done it myself, but I believe the hotel just need to see the AP at some point during the stay to honour the rate (obviously as soon as you can). So if you checked in you’d get your room keys which are the express passes, then went to universal and picked up the APs, you could just show the front desk later that day. Or alternatively go and grab the APs before you check in if you’d feel more comfortable as the hotel is really close to the parks
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

You should be able to pick your passes up from the guest services desk in the lobby. Do that and then check in.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We upgraded our passes in the hotel so hopefully you can get them there
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

depends on what time you get to the hotel

there is an attraction desk inside the lobby, and you can exchange your AP vouchers (or upgrade tickets) there right before you check in

you are "supposed" to have an active/valid AP at check in
but in the past, it was common to be able to show the AP at any point before check out, and most of the time, the TM would not even look at it ...

I would advise you showed a valid AP before the end of the day you've checked in

the way it works is that the full amount of the ressie is billed at check in, then credited to your room charge folio. Then each night, they will deduct the value of the night from your room credit
so that will be on the first night that the rate will be applied to the cost of your night

that's the reason I would at least show AP before the end of the first day, but I might be overthinking it

but in any event if you're there during Attraction desk opening hours, just do that in the lobby before check in for peace of mind
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Percy77
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks for all the advice everyone, we intend to arrive early to make the most of the day so I might send the hotel an e-mail to see if they know what time guest services will open.

I'll report back here for any future travellers.
Percy77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Percy77 View Post
Thanks for all the advice everyone, we intend to arrive early to make the most of the day so I might send the hotel an e-mail to see if they know what time guest services will open.

I'll report back here for any future travellers.
We got to cabana bay at 7.30-8 last year and the desk there was open.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List